+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visa expired but with a valid work permit visiting US

moonriver25

Feb 2, 2013
Hi everyone! I just received my US visa and have plans of visiting there this coming march break (march11)
I wasn't aware that my canada visa is expired though. So i sent it to buffalo new york but when i track it just now (today) it says that the recipient is not located at address provided and item being returned to sender. Does anyone know what is the new address of consulate general of canada?
or can i visit US and can re-enter canada again with just a valid work permit until 2015 with a note as temporary resident visa maintained?
pls pls anyone help!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

moonriver25 said:
Hi everyone! I just received my US visa and have plans of visiting there this coming march break (march11)
I wasn't aware that my canada visa is expired though. So i sent it to buffalo new york but when i track it just now (today) it says that the recipient is not located at address provided and item being returned to sender. Does anyone know what is the new address of consulate general of canada?
or can i visit US and can re-enter canada again with just a valid work permit until 2015 with a note as temporary resident visa maintained?
pls pls anyone help!
Buffalo is closed.

You can re-enter Canada with a valid work permit, as long as you only visit the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon.

moonriver25

Feb 2, 2013
Thanks so that means the immigration officer in the airport wont put me on hold??there's a note on my working permit that it "does not authorize re-entry."