15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hello all,

This is a thread for Ukrainians and family members of Ukrainians to connect regarding CUAET applications. Please share your timelines, questions and experiences. Did you face a rejection? Was it easy to apply? Have you already arrived?
I'll start:

I applied today, May 23, 2022 for my mother, as her representative. I am a Canadian citizen now, she is still in Ukraine. I did not include the open work permit with the application, as she's retired and doesn't speak English.

tinpham

Jun 16, 2022
Hello, I applied for CUAET visa for Ukrainians at the same time with open work permit. For some of you who is planning to apply, here is my timeline:
May 25, 2022 - I submitted my application
May 26, 2022 - i received letter for biometric confirmation and passport request on the same day
June 8, 2022 - I received my passport with visitor visa inside. Visa duration is 26/05/2022-05/12/2029
However I did not receive letter of introduction for open work permit. My question is: will I get an open work permit at the point of entry at the airport? Because I didn't receive Letter of introduction to get work permit. My other Ukrainian friends got the letter except me. So I need to apply for open work permit separately?

Jun 30, 2018
Dear Group Members,

I'd be very grateful, if someone could clarify for me the following questions

I applied for CUAET and the application has been "initially approved" in a letter of invitation I've received:

"Your application to work in Canada has been initially approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The final decision to issue you a work permit and allow you to enter Canada is made after an examination by an officer in Canada. At that time, an officer will assess if you still meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, its Regulations and any other Canadian legislation."

I'm not sure, do I need ETA to travel in my case? Probably not, as I can't get it as Ukrainian..
I have a booking on flight Warsaw-Frankfurt/Menem-Toronto - wouldn't like to have any problems during boarding.. and airline company can't clarify any of this for me..
Also, will I have to do check-in and luggage registration during each of two transfers in Frankfurt/Menem, and, then, in Toronto?

Thank you very much for Your help!

Last edited: