+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Temporary Work Permit

write2win

Nov 17, 2009
Greetings, Forum Members!
Wishing you all a Happy New Year, 2010!

I am currently working on H1b visa in USA. I am Indian citizen. A IT Staffing company located in Canada is interested in hiring me for the work at their clients in Toronto, ON. If they issue a Job Offer under IT Program (exempt from HR SDC), can I apply for Temporary Work Permit in Canadian visa consulate office at Los Angeles?
Meaning: Can one get Temporary Work Permit based on Job offer of Staffing Company?
[Note: This IT Staffing company has it's International Head Office in Toronto, and offices in Canada (Toronto, Alberta, Vancouver), USA (Florida) and India (Hyderabad)]

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
write2win said:
Greetings, Forum Members!
Wishing you all a Happy New Year, 2010!

I am currently working on H1b visa in USA. I am Indian citizen. A IT Staffing company located in Canada is interested in hiring me for the work at their clients in Toronto, ON. If they issue a Job Offer under IT Program (exempt from HR SDC), can I apply for Temporary Work Permit in Canadian visa consulate office at Los Angeles?
Meaning: Can one get Temporary Work Permit based on Job offer of Staffing Company?
[Note: This IT Staffing company has it's International Head Office in Toronto, and offices in Canada (Toronto, Alberta, Vancouver), USA (Florida) and India (Hyderabad)]
You will need to apply for a TRV, however you won't be able to apply for a work permit, since the work you are doing is exempt from requiring a work permit.

anissa

Jan 8, 2010
Hi Helios, In the case of a refused visa/work permit application, but unreasonable as not all relevant documents have been considered, don't we have the right to be informed of any missing documents in order to finalize the application; can medical exam be requested by the visa office when they are not done assessing all the applications and documents supplied by the application.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
if they decide to request medicals, they will do it before finalizing the application.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
Suin said:
if they decide to request medicals, they will do it before finalizing the application.
Yep, Suin beat me to it. Medical is the very last step. Of course there are always exceptions, however, you really don't need to place yourself as part of the exception.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

helios said:
You will need to apply for a TRV, however you won't be able to apply for a work permit, since the work you are doing is exempt from requiring a work permit.
The OP needs a work permit, the job is exempt from HRSDC certification and a TRV.

PMM

anissa

Jan 8, 2010
Provided the medical is required (which is passed and no problem) but some documents presented were not considered and assessed properly hence, a refusal is issued, can a reconsideration with arguments to review again the submitted documents be done to prove that a work permit is actually deserved.

write2win

Nov 17, 2009
PMM said:
The OP needs a work permit, the job is exempt from HRSDC certification and a TRV.
PMM
So when I receive Employment Offer Letter (mentioning salary, job duties and duration of temporary employment), I can complete Temporary Work Permit and apply to Canadian Consulate in USA...correct?
It's ME who has to apply for Temporary Work Permit and Temporary Work Visa (TRV)...and not the company which is hiring me? Right?

One last questions: How much time does it take to get Temp Work Permit and TRV?