-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hello Everyone,

I have few questions regarding Canada Re-entry procedure. Currently i am in Ottawa on a Student status which is going to expire in DEC 2011. Right now i am doing my last semester and will be graduating in April 2011. Now i wanted to visit my home country (Pakistan) for only a month and want to come back to Canada so that i could work here and later apply for PR.

Now the problem is my Student VISA is already expired. I can apply for student visa but my studies are going to be finished in April so i have no reason to say that i want to continue my studies and ask for visa.

The solution i have found so far is that after my graduation i can apply for Open work permit and then apply for Work visa. if that is the only way out can somebody help me answering following questions:
Q1) What are the requirement to apply for work visa based on Open work permit. (and mind you i am already in Canada with a valid student permit till DEC,2011)?
Q2) Once i get the visa do i need a job letter in case if immigration officer ask me when i try to re-enter in Canada?

I hope i explain what my question is.
For a quick read, following is a short description of my problem:
"I am currently in Canada with student visa status and want to travel pakistan after my graduation. will i going to face any problem in order to re-enter Canada if my graduation studies are already over."

Thanks

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2013 (Received by CIC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Bump

any help would be appreciated

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sohail.ali said:
Hello Everyone,

I have few questions regarding Canada Re-entry procedure. Currently i am in Ottawa on a Student status which is going to expire in DEC 2011. Right now i am doing my last semester and will be graduating in April 2011. Now i wanted to visit my home country (Pakistan) for only a month and want to come back to Canada so that i could work here and later apply for PR.

Now the problem is my Student VISA is already expired. I can apply for student visa but my studies are going to be finished in April so i have no reason to say that i want to continue my studies and ask for visa.

The solution i have found so far is that after my graduation i can apply for Open work permit and then apply for Work visa. if that is the only way out can somebody help me answering following questions:
Q1) What are the requirement to apply for work visa based on Open work permit. (and mind you i am already in Canada with a valid student permit till DEC,2011)?
Q2) Once i get the visa do i need a job letter in case if immigration officer ask me when i try to re-enter in Canada?

I hope i explain what my question is.
For a quick read, following is a short description of my problem:
"I am currently in Canada with student visa status and want to travel pakistan after my graduation. will i going to face any problem in order to re-enter Canada if my graduation studies are already over."

Thanks
1. Apply for a TRV at Buffalo by mail. You still will have a valid study permit when you return to Canada, so there won't be any questions.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
PMM said:
Hi

1. Apply for a TRV at Buffalo by mail. You still will have a valid study permit when you return to Canada, so there won't be any questions.
Thanks for your reply,

But recently one of my friend traveled to the pakistan on student status and when he was returning back to canada he was asked questions by the immigration officer that why he is going to back to canada? what is his purpose?

In this case what i am going to tell the officer ? because i will be done with my master program. ?? i am still confused.

sekhon

Aug 5, 2010

Correct me if i am wrong. I think one need a job letter to apply for work visa. Having a work permit without a job i think is an impossible situation.

I dunno my suggestion will or not. If i am in your shoes i would secure a job and have a valid work permit and then leave Canada, then return to start on your new job.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
sekhon said:

Correct me if i am wrong. I think one need a job letter to apply for work visa. Having a work permit without a job i think is an impossible situation.

I dunno my suggestion will or not. If i am in your shoes i would secure a job and have a valid work permit and then leave Canada, then return to start on your new job.
Well i have done my graduation from Canadian university so i m eligible to apply for post graduate work permit and it doesnt require you to have job in hand before applying. though i am not sure about the work visa conditions.