+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR vs US H1B visa

kevon2310

Jul 13, 2016
Hello Folks

So I know this topic has been discussed/debated/argued a million times but given the new US administration, the immigration policy might not be favorable. It never hurts to get a fresh perspective from those who have been on both sides of the coin (Canada PR and US H1B). In this thread, what I hope to gain is the viewpoint/pros/cons of others on

• Taxes
• Residency obligations
• Wait times for US Green card (EB2 and EB3)
• Time to citizenship
• Travel

Who wants to go first?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Move here - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/moving-from-usah1b-to-canadapr-t395760.0.html

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
kevon2310 said:
Hello Folks

So I know this topic has been discussed/debated/argued a million times but given the new US administration, the immigration policy might not be favorable. It never hurts to get a fresh perspective from those who have been on both sides of the coin (Canada PR and US H1B). In this thread, what I hope to gain is the viewpoint/pros/cons of others on

• Taxes
• Residency obligations
• Wait times for US Green card (EB2 and EB3)
• Time to citizenship
• Travel

Who wants to go first?
Wrong comparison. You can compare Canada PR with US Green card not H1B

gonikaushal

Jul 24, 2018
Salaries are pretty good in the USA compare to Canada but Canada does has biggest benefit of NO Visa issues, RFE's, Admin processing, what not... Here's the link with side by side difference between H1B Visa vs Canadian PR