+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR proof of fund

arun_a_r

Sep 14, 2017
Dear Friends,

Do we have to show in our account that we are maintaining the required 15000 CAD for all the six months back?

Let me explain my current scenario: I am going to put some money to my SB account today ( 10000 CAD) and later this month put more money until it reaches 15000. So basically i will be maintaining sufficient fund from Dec 1st on wards. I am trying IELTS on Dec 16 and later on January will be filling the EE profile. If i am lucky i will get invitation between Jan-May. Will it impact my acceptance?
I head that the last six month average should be sufficient. But if i am getting the ITA on Feb and filing on March the fund will be only available for the past 4 months. Will this be an issue?

Please shred some light.

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Dear Friends,

Do we have to show in our account that we are maintaining the required 15000 CAD for all the six months back?

Let me explain my current scenario: I am going to put some money to my SB account today ( 10000 CAD) and later this month put more money until it reaches 15000. So basically i will be maintaining sufficient fund from Dec 1st on wards. I am trying IELTS on Dec 16 and later on January will be filling the EE profile. If i am lucky i will get invitation between Jan-May. Will it impact my acceptance?
I head that the last six month average should be sufficient. But if i am getting the ITA on Feb and filing on March the fund will be only available for the past 4 months. Will this be an issue?

Please shred some light.
It is not mandatory to maintain the fund for the past 6 months.
Most applicants (including myself) deposited the sum after receiving the ITA and sent the statement.
My brother also did the same for his application (he even had several loans and used a newly opened account and made an FD) and he got his PR.
Have the money in the account whenever you can (before submitting the application) and it will be fine.
The thing is, CIC will not look into your POF until 3/4 months after your AOR and if they find that you are maintaining the fund, they will be happy.
They do not dig much deep into POF's.
So, relax and prepare your documents at ease.
Good luck!

Reactions: Vikram_4