28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Need Canadian Pr said:
Canada pr holder require uk visa for visit as a tourist ????????? or possible for transit visa
It all depends on what passport you hold. If you needed a visa to visit the UK as a tourist before you became a Canadian PR, then you still need a visa after becoming a PR.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
scylla said:
It all depends on what passport you hold. If you needed a visa to visit the UK as a tourist before you became a Canadian PR, then you still need a visa after becoming a PR.
Bangladeshi passport I hold

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need visa to visit UK and US. You also need visa to visit all the countries prior to you getting PR. So basically having a PR wrt to visiting countries really dosent help since you still have bangladeshi passport

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
newtone said:
You need visa to visit UK and US. You also need visa to visit all the countries prior to you getting PR. So basically having a PR wrt to visiting countries really dosent help since you still have bangladeshi passport
The above is mostly true, but not 100% accurate. For example, Mexico doesn't require visas to visitors who hold PR status in Canada. My nationality isn't visa exempt to Mexico, but since I'm a PR in Canada I only need to show my passport and PR Card.

"The Embassy of Mexico in Canada informs the public that Canadian nationals and permanent residents of Canada still do not require a visa to enter Mexico, with the exception of Canadian citizens carrying diplomatic or official passports." Source: http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada_eng/index.php?option=com_content&id=1241

But yes, OP still needs a visa to the UK if they don't hold a visa-exempt passport.

Addendum: I have double-checked, and part of the information given here is outdated. Since May 2013 Brazilian citizens no longer need a Mexican visa to visit the country for up to 180 days, but the information of Permanent Residents in Canada having the visa requirement waived based on their PR status in Canada (even if they are from countries that normally would need a visa to enter Mexico) still stands. The point is: the vast majority of countries would still require a visa to the PR who isn't from a visa-exempt country for them, but it is not true that it is all countries.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which is why i specifically mentioned for bangladeshi passport

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
newtone said:
Which is why i specifically mentioned for bangladeshi passport
I saw that. I also noted that OP needs a visa to the UK, as others pointed out. However, the sentence I focused on (and bolded so one would know what I was referring to specifically) was incorrect.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need Canadian Pr said:
Bangladeshi passport I hold
1. Just because you hold a PR Card doesn't meant the UK waives visitor visa requirements which are based on your national passport. What holding a PR Card does is enable the PR to transit the UK without a visa (TWOV scheme) if your nationality would normally require you to hold one. Bangladesh nationals fall into the transit visa required even if this is air side transit (not leaving the transit area so effectively not admitted into the UK) so in this way you are in theory ok to transit.

2. The TWOV scheme is discretionary so its up to the admitting UK border force agent to decide if they give you the pass or not. Being discretionary also means its outside the immigration rules so if you get bounced there is no right of appeal. What you get is a flight back to Canada. At worst you could be detained until your outward flight shows up if the border agent believes you may abscond. Even when admitted the rules are rigid e.g you must depart from the same airport as that of arrival, same day no overnight stay etc. To avoid these issues apply for a regular visitor visa which can be used to transit as and when you use the UK route.

3. UK visa applications in Canada can be a logistical challenge since biometrics must be collected. If you are not near a major centre served by the biometric collection agent then you either travel or wait for a mobile unit to show up in/or near your town. Costs can easily build up. For this reason the PR may be best advised to find an alternate European transit airport such as Schipol (Amsterdam), Frankfurt, Malpensa (Milan), Zurich etc which may have more flexible transit visa requirements.

Reactions: zee90999

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
MiriamT said:
The above is mostly true, but not 100% accurate. For example, Mexico doesn't require visas to visitors who hold PR status in Canada. My nationality isn't visa exempt to Mexico, but since I'm a PR in Canada I only need to show my passport and PR Card.

"The Embassy of Mexico in Canada informs the public that Canadian nationals and permanent residents of Canada still do not require a visa to enter Mexico, with the exception of Canadian citizens carrying diplomatic or official passports." Source: http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/canada_eng/index.php?option=com_content&id=1241

But yes, OP still needs a visa to the UK if they don't hold a visa-exempt passport.

Addendum: I have double-checked, and part of the information given here is outdated. Since May 2013 Brazilian citizens no longer need a Mexican visa to visit the country for up to 180 days, but the information of Permanent Residents in Canada having the visa requirement waived based on their PR status in Canada (even if they are from countries that normally would need a visa to enter Mexico) still stands. The point is: the vast majority of countries would still require a visa to the PR who isn't from a visa-exempt country for them, but it is not true that it is all countries.
Good answer

frnddeep

Apr 8, 2012
Canadian PR holder can enter in UK without Visa dueing layover if they have connecting flight on same day or next day but Visa is valid only until next connecting flight which has to be same day or next day. My case
From Airport to -- TOronto--------> 6:30 PM (23 Nov)
Layover Airport -- Heathrow------->Landed at 6:00 AM (24 Nov) --> connecting flight to Delhi at 6 PM (24-Nov) --->I was allowed to go out
FInal Destination - Delhi

From Airport to -- Delhi--------> 10:30 AM (24 Dec)
Layover Airport -- Heathrow------->Landed at 5 :00 PM (24 Dec ) --> connecting flight to Toronto at 6 PM (25-Dec) --->I was allowed to go out
FInal Destination - Toronto

You can stay in UK for only one night but not 2 nights so time duration can be more thn 24 hrs just like in my case

Reactions: mpsqra

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian PR holder can enter in UK without Visa dueing layover if they have connecting flight on same day or next day but Visa is valid only until next connecting flight which has to be same day or next day. My case
From Airport to -- TOronto--------> 6:30 PM (23 Nov)
Layover Airport -- Heathrow------->Landed at 6:00 AM (24 Nov) --> connecting flight to Delhi at 6 PM (24-Nov) --->I was allowed to go out
FInal Destination - Delhi

From Airport to -- Delhi--------> 10:30 AM (24 Dec)
Layover Airport -- Heathrow------->Landed at 5 :00 PM (24 Dec ) --> connecting flight to Toronto at 6 PM (25-Dec) --->I was allowed to go out
FInal Destination - Toronto

You can stay in UK for only one night but not 2 nights so time duration can be more thn 24 hrs just like in my case
Do you know that you replied to a five year old thread?

Reactions: Buletruck

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Doesn't matter how old the question is but if it is valid today then it is good information.

Thanks frnddeep
Except the information is complicated by the fact that leaving airside in a UK airport can possibly be subject to COVID quarantine.