+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADA PR application

Janakrustagi

May 3, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I had applied for the Express Entry in Feb 2016 and received the Invitation to Apply from them soon after. We were given 60 days to get the PR application submitted, get the upfront medical test done and get the Police Clearance Certificates.
My wife and myself got everything that was required and submitted, except the FBI Clearance Certificate (I was in the US for 6 yrs prior to moving back to India so I need to get the FBI PCC from USA). I submitted the FBI finger prints and the Credit Card application form along with the other form to FBI in Virginia. Unfortunately they take about 15 weeks to process this. We have submitted/uploaded a proof of the application to FBI on our CIC account and sent a hard copy to Canada with our application. Incidentally, yesterday I received a message on my CIC account requesting the FBI clearance original from the FBI, by the 2nd of June. So I called up the FBI and asked them if my application was processed, they told me that I would take another 3-4 weeks to process and another 2-3 weeks to reach me via mail in India. Obviously this we go beyond the 2nd of June. I have heard that we can inform the CIC office about this and keep them posted and updated. As soon as I receive my FBI clearance, we will share it with them. CAn anyone please share the email address or method to contact the CIC and inform them about the delay and progress.
Thanks.

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
Janakrustagi said:
Hello Everyone,
I had applied for the Express Entry in Feb 2016 and received the Invitation to Apply from them soon after. We were given 60 days to get the PR application submitted, get the upfront medical test done and get the Police Clearance Certificates.
My wife and myself got everything that was required and submitted, except the FBI Clearance Certificate (I was in the US for 6 yrs prior to moving back to India so I need to get the FBI PCC from USA). I submitted the FBI finger prints and the Credit Card application form along with the other form to FBI in Virginia. Unfortunately they take about 15 weeks to process this. We have submitted/uploaded a proof of the application to FBI on our CIC account and sent a hard copy to Canada with our application. Incidentally, yesterday I received a message on my CIC account requesting the FBI clearance original from the FBI, by the 2nd of June. So I called up the FBI and asked them if my application was processed, they told me that I would take another 3-4 weeks to process and another 2-3 weeks to reach me via mail in India. Obviously this we go beyond the 2nd of June. I have heard that we can inform the CIC office about this and keep them posted and updated. As soon as I receive my FBI clearance, we will share it with them. CAn anyone please share the email address or method to contact the CIC and inform them about the delay and progress.
Thanks.
I think it's either your raise a CSE asking for an extension or you upload a LOE in your CIC asking for an extension or do both (do this a few days before deadline, if you are sure It won't reach you by then).
I advise you change the return address of your FBI report to somewhere in the US (if you have someone that can help with that), so the person can scan to you and you can upload asap to prevent delays. You may not need an extension if you can do that.