Canada Post Strike -- effects on PR applications

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everybody.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2785577/governments-online-retailers-prepare-as-canada-post-work-stoppage-looms/

A Canada post strike may occur as of July 2nd. This will affect many of the PR processing steps.
-Now inland Passport requests can have huge delays as Canada Post is the only courier service they are allowed to use.
- People waiting for PR cards will have severe delays.
- Those who apply for provincial programs must take note and prepare for the service interruption.
Who else do you think will have trouble?

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
wildemam said:
Hello Everybody.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2785577/governments-online-retailers-prepare-as-canada-post-work-stoppage-looms/

A Canada post strike may occur as of July 2nd. This will affect many of the PR processing steps.
-Now inland Passport requests can have huge delays as Canada Post is the only courier service they are allowed to use.
- People waiting for PR cards will have severe delays.
- Those who apply for provincial programs must take note and prepare for the service interruption.
Who else do you think will have trouble?
I work for Canada Post and I am told that this strike will go upto 8 weeks if the demands are not agreed
Last time in 2011 the strike ran up to 06 weeks so we can't neglect this one as well.

Hopefully it will be solved soon and Canada post resumes operations.

djshshajtm

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is completely out of our hands.
I hope you all don't get depressed too much.

I am waiting for my pr card (aint going to be here any time soon)
and so hearing that the last strike was 8 wks definitely isn't good, but nothing we can do!

Let's just hope that CIC and provincial govs are aware and taking steps to handle this situation in all fairness.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineshparekh said:
I work for Canada Post and I am told that this strike will go upto 8 weeks if the demands are not agreed
Last time in 2011 the strike ran up to 06 weeks so we can't neglect this one as well.

Thanks for the info, are you aware of any alternatives that the governments have taken last time in 2011?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
vineshparekh said:

8 weeks?! :eek: ..does that mean there would be no Canada post services at all? Or will there be a slow/best effort service during the strike?

vineshparekh

Jul 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-11-22015
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-05-2016
emamabd said:
8 weeks?! :eek: ..does that mean there would be no Canada post services at all? Or will there be a slow/best effort service during the strike?
So the latest update that I have is that, there is a chance of what is called a rolling strike so Canada post will be open for 2-3 days a week which means operations will be slower
Still there is no final update as of now but it can go for full strike which can hold all the mails from July 2nd until the strike is called off and operations start once again.

Government mails might be delivered so what I believe, passports will still be delivered and won't be affected. There might be a slow process but personal mails will completely be stopped if CP goes on full strike

I hope it helps
- Vinesh

Lua

Jun 28, 2016
vineshparekh said:
Government mails might be delivered so what I believe, passports will still be delivered and won't be affected.
As they shouldn't. I very much doubt that all government services will cease to work because of this strike.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lua said:
As they shouldn't. I very much doubt that all government services will cease to work because of this strike.
The governments already warned this could happen

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/06/27/public_advisory_from&cattype=announcements&cat=newsreleases

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strike is postponed till Wednesday at least

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-post-no-strike-before-wednesday-1.3662233

sayantan

Jun 2, 2016
Hi Guys

I have sent my Passport by Purolator. But they do not deliver to Post Box Address.So they have delivered to 365 Laurier Avenue West .Will this be a prob as my mailing address is in Canada.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sayantan said:
Hi Guys

I have sent my Passport by Purolator. But they do not deliver to Post Box Address.So they have delivered to 365 Laurier Avenue West .Will this be a prob as my mailing address is in Canada.
No problem at all. As long as it says "delivered" it will reach them.