Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2016
LANDED..........
18-10-2016
Last Thursday afternoon CPP Ottawa approved my PR application and sent it Thursday evening via Xpresspost.

Hoping that it will arrive Friday it didn't. Okay, fair enough. It was Thursday evening so I understand. Most likely Monday then (today).

This morning I checked my tracking number and said "Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay"

Called Canada Post. Someone placed my xpress Post in the WRONG truck and was sent to Stouffville and there's nothing I can do but wait.

Now, normally I wouldn't be so upset but seeing how my CoPR will expire this Saturday you can imagine I didn't handle the news very well over the phone. The man reassured me that Stouffville isn't far from where I live and that it'll arrive sooner than later.

It is now 7:40pm EST and status has not been updated.

Just sharing my experience with how Canada Post handles Xpress Post documents. You'd expect them to handle it with more care because you paid more for the service. It's suppose to arrive next business day. So much for 'guaranteed delivery time'

I do not want my CoPR to expire simply because of Canada Post's incompetence. This is not fair and I don't deserve this.

For all those future PR holders do not count on them to send time sensitive documents. I've always had good experience with UPS. They would be my go to if I was given the option.

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
perry.w1224 said:
Last Thursday afternoon CPP Ottawa approved my PR application and sent it Thursday evening via Xpresspost.

Hoping that it will arrive Friday it didn't. Okay, fair enough. It was Thursday evening so I understand. Most likely Monday then (today).

This morning I checked my tracking number and said "Item re-routed due to processing error; Possible delay"

Called Canada Post. Someone placed my xpress Post in the WRONG truck and was sent to Stouffville and there's nothing I can do but wait.

Now, normally I wouldn't be so upset but seeing how my CoPR will expire this Saturday you can imagine I didn't handle the news very well over the phone. The man reassured me that Stouffville isn't far from where I live and that it'll arrive sooner than later.

It is now 7:40pm EST and status has not been updated.

Just sharing my experience with how Canada Post handles Xpress Post documents. You'd expect them to handle it with more care because you paid more for the service. It's suppose to arrive next business day. So much for 'guaranteed delivery time'

I do not want my CoPR to expire simply because of Canada Post's incompetence. This is not fair and I don't deserve this.

For all those future PR holders do not count on them to send time sensitive documents. I've always had good experience with UPS. They would be my go to if I was given the option.
Hey, nice plug for UPS! :D
Seriously, I understand your frustration, but relax, you'll have it tomorrow morning if you haven't got it already. And tomorrow you'll be laughing 'bout the whole thing.

perry.w1224

Star Member
May 6, 2016
Markham
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila / CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
22-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2016
LANDED..........
18-10-2016
I sure hope you're right. Nothing in the mail tonight. I'll be more relieved than laughing.

I'll have to give CPP Ottawa an e-mail if I don't get anything tomorrow morning.