+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Permanent Residency status - Retaining PR

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is how I see it. When you are to renew your PR card, you will have failed to meet the 730 days. Then you will be called for an interview where CIC will verify that you actually failed to meet the requirements. You will then explain why. Do you think they will deny your extension and proceed with revoking your status? I personally do not see this happening at all, not with your reasons. But lets say they proceed with revoking your PR status, you have the right to appeal. Do you think the judge will also not be satisfied with your reasons? I highly doubt it.

I am not advising you to do it anyways. All I am saying there have been cases that were way less convincing than yours and the individuals were able to convince CIC or the judge that although they failed to meet the requirements, they are economically established in Canada and can meet the requirement moving forward.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
CanV said:
This is how I see it. When you are to renew your PR card, you will have failed to meet the 730 days. Then you will be called for an interview where CIC will verify that you actually failed to meet the requirements. You will then explain why. Do you think they will deny your extension and proceed with revoking your status? I personally do not see this happening at all, not with your reasons. But lets say they proceed with revoking your PR status, you have the right to appeal. Do you think the judge will also not be satisfied with your reasons? I highly doubt it.

I am not advising you to do it anyways. All I am saying there have been cases that were way less convincing than yours and the individuals were able to convince CIC or the judge that although they failed to meet the requirements, they are economically established in Canada and can meet the requirement moving forward.
Why put yourself into the position of hoping that you get a sympathetic ear? If you don't give a hoot about your PR then by all means, do it this way. Who cares in the end. A gamble is a gamble, right?

If you do care about your PR then don't put yourself into a position to be at risk to lose it. Pretty simple really.

Days outside of Canada for business trips are not counted toward your RO. I, personally, would be hard pressed to believe the story that you are now willing to settle in Canada and will surely meet the RO from now on regardless, especially if you are in the same job with the same requirements. Nothing has changed to prove to me that your intentions are otherwise.

As always though, the risk is completely yours. My PR is not affected by your choices.