+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship

manjyot

Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
I submitted my wife's PR sponsorship application this year on May 27, 2019.
At the time of submission she was on a student visa and no she has a post graduate work permit valid until November next year.

Last Week November 29, 2019 she got requested for Bio-metrics. We have paid the fees and submitted the via the IRCC webform. Still waiting for CIC to provide the instructions on when and how to give your biometrics.

On December 8, 2019 she got another email from CIC saying

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver will contact
you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office at your
appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be
made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the
confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or
identity documents."

My concerns are regarding the following question:-
1) My wife only has a Post graduate work permit and her TRV is expired. Shall we renew that or no?
2) Second how much time does it take to schedule the interview?
3) We paid the biometrics fees but still waiting for CIC to send the instruction how will this impact the application?
4) Anything else I should be caution about from here on?

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
1. Once your wife is PR, she won't need a work permit and will be able to work freely. I'm not sure about TRV.
2. The Vancouver office is notorious for being a bit slow but doesn't seem as bad right now: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/inland-landing-interview-from-vancouver-office-waiting-time.616417/page-73
3. You seem to be an inland applicant. The biometrics request was likely a mistake, as they only started requiring biometrics for inland applicants on December 3. They will likely refund your fees. Edit: lol I see you said inland in the title now. So yes, likely an error and you will get refunded
4. Not that I can think of! Looks like you're almost done. :)

Reactions: manjyot

simoneleah

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
@simoneleah

Thank you for the reply. Do you know what do they ask in the interview. Any suggestions what on how to prepare for it?
I haven't been interviewed but from what I've read, it's pretty basic. When was your last entry in Canada, do you have any criminal history, what is your current address...Bring your proper paperwork and you should be golden.

Reactions: manjyot