+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Immigration - Tricky Situation

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
I have got the SINP nomination and planning to land in Saskatchewan in April-17, in my current company there is a opportunity in Toronto which matches my skillsets, im confused if I can ask my employer to get me transferred to Toronto, however I can just land in SK and later move to Toronto.
Recently i read few blogs that its mandatory for the PNP nominees to stay in the province for a certain duration, else SINP officials will write to IRCC to revoke the nomination, which in turn would affect the CITIZENSHIP during later stages.

Can I ask my spouse to stay in the province for certain amount of time and then join me back to Toronto, is it mandatory for the secondary applicants as well to stay in the province.
I will prove my intention as per the schedule-4 which we had signed during filing for the PNP, by landing in the province. Will SINP check if the applicants are staying in the province after we land?

Note- Im not primary candidate however my spouse is primary candidate.

Please advise what are the options to handle this scenario.

Thanks
Sathya

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
satya10 said:
Dear All,
I have got the SINP nomination and planning to land in Saskatchewan in April-17, in my current company there is a opportunity in Toronto which matches my skillsets, im confused if I can ask my employer to get me transferred to Toronto, however I can just land in SK and later move to Toronto.
Recently i read few blogs that its mandatory for the PNP nominees to stay in the province for a certain duration, else SINP officials will write to IRCC to revoke the nomination, which in turn would affect the CITIZENSHIP during later stages.

Can I ask my spouse to stay in the province for certain amount of time and then join me back to Toronto, is it mandatory for the secondary applicants as well to stay in the province.
I will prove my intention as per the schedule-4 which we had signed during filing for the PNP, by landing in the province. Will SINP check if the applicants are staying in the province after we land?

Thanks
Sathya
Hi Satya,

This is my thought only, As you r secondary applicant it will mandate for u to stay in SK. But primary applicant might need to search job in Sk and stay there for some amount of time.

You can ask sinp officials as well as ircc officials about this situation and do which is best suited for u.

Thanks

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
canadahere.I.come said:
Hi Satya,

This is my thought only, As you r secondary applicant it will not mandate for u to stay in SK. But primary applicant might need to search job in Sk and stay there for some amount of time.

You can ask sinp officials as well as ircc officials about this situation and do which is best suited for u.

Thanks
Correcting typo

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Bro,
You mean to not mandate to stay or mandate to sta for secondary applicant?

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
satya10 said:
Dear Bro,
You mean to not mandate to stay or mandate to sta for secondary applicant?
U r not mandate to stay! This is my understanding! Family of SINP nominated person is not liable to be stayed in the same province right?

Get it clarified from SINP as well as with IRCC before taking this option into consideration

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya10 said:
Dear All,

Thanks
Sathya
The nomination you received from SINP covers the whole family and not just you. Everyone who is part of the nomination are bound to stay in the province. You write to SINP or IRCC now about your intent to move to Toronto then your nomination will most likely be revoked by SINP or you will not get a PR approval from IRCC.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a family, you are bound to live in the province for certain duration, I think till you are official citizen of Canada. There is another truth that there is no way they can stop you from moving from one province to another, but they can call you after 6 months/1 year/2 year/3 year time frame to verify if you are still living in the same province. If you and your family get called, you need to show them valid proof that you tried your best to find a job in the province by staying couple of months in the province and applying for the jobs, but you didn't found any. Then, SINP officials will verify all details you have given and send the complete details to IRCC officials, who will finally make the decision.

What I would recommend you to try your best to find related jobs in Saskatchewan, so that you have valid documentation on searching jobs. If you find related job, it's great. But if not, you can show your proofs to the officials. I understand that you want a safe path to future, and your company can transfer you to Toronto. No malice here, but if you had known this before, you should have tried for OINP instead of SINP.

But if you are still motivated enough to go to Toronto, it is will on your own risk.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Musicnlyrx - That's right, I need to show my intention to settle in the province by landing over there and by searching for the jobs in my related field for few months, but how to document this as proof :-\? I wish I could settle in Saskatchewan itself. Provided I get a job.
I could not apply for OINP since my CRS was below -400 :(.

No one has clear picture on this, if we can move to different province or not after landing in the specified province..
As per the mobility charter rights, one can move freely, but I understand I had singed some forms, that I would stay in the province..

Ethically Im bound, but legally I can move..

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
satya10 said:
Musicnlyrx - That's right, I need to show my intention to settle in the province by landing over there and by searching for the jobs in my related field for few months, but how to document this as proof :-\? I wish I could settle in Saskatchewan itself. Provided I get a job.

No one has clear picture on this, if we can move to different province or not after landing in the specified province..
As per the mobility charter rights, one can move freely, but I understand I had singed some forms, that I would stay in the province..

You can keep all emails of you applying to jobs and their responses, you can keep track of any interviews you have (email confirmation from the company). This would be great proof.

Legally you are not obliged however eventually when you want citizenship you could be in trouble.

At least TRY and prove you have attempted to apply for jobs. If you have email confirmation of job applications for, say, 20 jobs in the first month with hopefully at least 1 interview, that will eventually work in your favour if you are ever checked up on. Don't scam the system, as it will be 1 case eventually that stops SNIP from accepting or gets stricter for people who genuinely want to move there.

satya10

Nov 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Kryt0n,
Im genuinely interested in settling in SK, and not to scam the system, appreciate if you mind your words while your posting.
I have a option of transfer from my current employer, so exploring options here.

Be little polite while you post and which will not be offending to others.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
satya10 said:
Dear Kryt0n,
Im genuinely interested in settling in SK, and not to scam the system, appreciate if you mind your words while your posting.
I have a option of transfer from my current employer, so exploring options here.

Be little polite while you post and which will not be offending to others.
No, if my comment offends then I am not responsible for your feelings. I could say the word 'carrot' and someone might reply back with being offended.

My point was generalised, you applied for snip but clearly had a link to Toronto either before or during your application which can be percieved as dishonest.

I gave you advice on how to record your employment proof. If you are so sure that this isn't a problem then why post on a public forum requesting advice?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I doubt one month stay in a province searching and applying for jobs will be enough to convince authorities for the reason to move to a new province. Also, the important thing here is OP has a change of mind of his intention to not stay in the province due to the possibility of getting a job in Toronto. If this process is confirmed by getting an offer letter from his employer (internally) before the approval of his PR it would be construed misrepresentation as it is the legal obligation of the applicant to inform his nominating province or IRCC about change in his situation or circumstance.

I am attaching a link to another thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-reply-for-leaving-province-after-two-months-t458010.0.html

kryt0n said:
You can keep all emails of you applying to jobs and their responses, you can keep track of any interviews you have (email confirmation from the company). This would be great proof.

Legally you are not obliged however eventually when you want citizenship you could be in trouble.

At least TRY and prove you have attempted to apply for jobs. If you have email confirmation of job applications for, say, 20 jobs in the first month with hopefully at least 1 interview, that will eventually work in your favour if you are ever checked up on. Don't scam the system, as it will be 1 case eventually that stops SNIP from accepting or gets stricter for people who genuinely want to move there.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
jairichi said:
I doubt one month stay in a province searching and applying for jobs will be enough to convince authorities for the reason to move to a new province. Also, the important thing here is OP has a change of mind of his intention to not stay in the province due to the possibility of getting a job in Toronto. If this process is confirmed by getting an offer letter from his employer (internally) before the approval of his PR it would be construed misrepresentation as it is the legal obligation of the applicant to inform his nominating province or IRCC about change in his situation or circumstance.

I am attaching a link to another thread.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sinp-reply-for-leaving-province-after-two-months-t458010.0.html
I concur, you have to really prove you have tried and there are no links to you looking for the Toronto job pre-PR issue. Don't risk being kicked out of Canada because of this.

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
satya10 said:

I understand your situation. But see it this way - You are damn lucky than thousands of people
- who have applied for PR, or
- still waiting for PR, or
- still waiting for nomination, or
- still thinking to apply for PR, or
- still waiting for more than 6 months/1 year/ 2 years to get PR.

You have got PR. You should understand the significance of the journey you started around last year at this time. You have achieved it. Right? You have PR. PR. Say it again, PR.

You would be saying. OK, I have PR, but I am bound to SK only. I know you will be still feeling bad you just have SK as a province for PR to work in.

May I tell you something, which we all know: If you wanted a safe journey before, you would have never ever tried for PR. Mark my word, never ever. I understand that it is a new country, a new place, a new environment, but that you should have known before applying. Just think the possibilities you will have once you move there, may be you will not get great jobs in starting few years (see May be). May be you will regret your decision to apply for PR (again see May be). But, but, but. You have chosen this path for yourself , your spouse, and your next generation. You have to enjoy the beautiful country you are going to live in, you have enjoy the great community you are going to live in, you have to enjoy the snow you feel in your bones in winters, and you have to enjoy the pleasant summers you will feel in your nostrils once you move there.

Just go with open-mind, start applying for jobs now in SK, see what skills are required for your NOC. As far as I know that SINP was NOC based, therefore they need people like you. Don't worry about money right now, you have enough time to upgrade or divert your skills to the jobs that you feel are related to your occupation in SK. But, just don't be moron (sorry for using this word, but I have to). You have come this far, many people lose hope while going through the journey. I understand many are more lucky than you, but you are more lucky than many others (people like me).

Just, DONT LOSE HOPE. Period.

Again no malice intended.