+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada immigration medical with beta thelassemia trait

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
Hi
I have Beta thalassemia trait with no medical history, they asked me to go for further tests and a certificate from a hematologist. is there any chance of refusal of PR with this issue?
would really appreciate if someone cn help me with that.
Thanks in advance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have Beta thalassemia trait with no medical history, they asked me to go for further tests and a certificate from a hematologist. is there any chance of refusal of PR with this issue?
would really appreciate if someone cn help me with that.
Thanks in advance
Depends on how serious your case is and what treatment is needed if any. If you have not needed mefical treatment there is good chance of approval.

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
Depends on how serious your case is and what treatment is needed if any. If you have not needed mefical treatment there is good chance of approval.
Thanks for your reply.I dont need any blood transfusion. just supplements like folic acid/ iron. I got a certificate from a hematologist mentioning these.

D

Deleted member 981115

May I know did you medicals pass?
Thanks for your reply.I dont need any blood transfusion. just supplements like folic acid/ iron. I got a certificate from a hematologist mentioning these.

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
May I know did you medicals pass?
i dont know yet.as my application type is express entry, medical and police clearance r both attached to the PR application.now if everything's okay, they gonna ask me for biometrics. applied on april 2 but no response yet

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
i dont know yet.as my application type is express entry, medical and police clearance r both attached to the PR application.now if everything's okay, they gonna ask me for biometrics. applied on april 2 but no response yet
FYI, I've got biometric letter and passed medical

Reactions: BA101

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
That is a very good sign

How much did it take from when you submitted the additional test results till Medical passed ? Would love to get an update please
i've submitted my application on April 2. after 38 days i got the biometric letter and my medical status changed to 'pass' at the same time. actually on mid march when i completed my medical test, they emailed me for additional tests after 7 days. Have you any issue regarding medical?

Reactions: BA101
D

Deleted member 981115

may I know what was the reason they asked for additional tests?
i've submitted my application on April 2. after 38 days i got the biometric letter and my medical status changed to 'pass' at the same time. actually on mid march when i completed my medical test, they emailed me for additional tests after 7 days. Have you any issue regarding medical?

D

Deleted member 981115

I am a bit worried if they asked about additional testing and want to know why did they? Thalassaemia trait is normal and requires no medical attention or blood transfusion. Did you mention during your medical exam about it?

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
may I know what was the reason they asked for additional tests?
in medical center, i was asked if i have any blood disease like anemia..and i said yes..thats y they wanted to know my current condition..they recommended me to see a hematologist and get a certificate of my condition.

D

Deleted member 981115

thank your for your reply. When they asked if you had any blood disorder, did you say what condition you had exactly? Thalassemia trait and that it doesn’t require any medical attention or did you tell them that you had anemia in general? Also if I may ask, was the medical exam done in Canada?
in medical center, i was asked if i have any blood disease like anemia..and i said yes..thats y they wanted to know my current condition..they recommended me to see a hematologist and get a certificate of my condition.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you needed to be upfront and declare that you had beta thalessemia not just anemIa. If patients don’t need treatment they should be able to pass the medical. If they need treatment and how much treatment they will determine if they get a PFL and if they are eventually approved or denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank your for your reply. When they asked if you had any blood disorder, did you say what condition you had exactly? Thalassemia trait and that it doesn’t require any medical attention or did you tell them that you had anemia in general? Also if I may ask, was the medical exam done in Canada?
Yes you are required to tell the panel doctor and IRCC if you have a medical condition. If you come to Canada and tell your doctor your diagnosis it will be obvious you were aware of your diagnosis before coming to Canada. It is never a good idea to lie to IRCC because it can come back and haunt you years later.

Reactions: Taran D

saima123456

Nov 2, 2022
Yes you are required to tell the panel doctor and IRCC if you have a medical condition. If you come to Canada and tell your doctor your diagnosis it will be obvious you were aware of your diagnosis before coming to Canada. It is never a good idea to lie to IRCC because it can come back and haunt you years later.
my xam was done in my country called wahab medical center.i told them i had beta thalassemia minor and taking medicines regularly. They noted all of it.That's why i was asked to do further tests recommended by IRCC.they were concerned about if I required any blood transfusions or not..my dr declared that I didn't need that time.