+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled Immigration (Computer Network Technicians) NOC: 2281

openstring

May 8, 2015
I just wanna ask. Are single (not married) people qualified for that NOC 2281 or only those who are married and have a family?

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
openstring said:
I just wanna ask. Are single (not married) people qualified for that NOC 2281 or only those who are married and have a family?
Criteria includes:

1-Age
2-Language Proficiency
3-Job Experience
4-Education

If you get enough points in that you are good to go. Single/Married does not help to get Canadian Immigration

mwrooney

Aug 31, 2014
PB10 said:
I just wanted to check if my experience letter is good to go for NOC 2281?

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr/Ms <My Name> was full time employed with <Org Name> from <Start Date> to <End Date>.

While leaving our organization, he/ she was designated as an <Designation>.

During his/her employment with <Org Name>, he/she was responsible for the following :- (maximum 5 points)

1. Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot servers/computer workstations hardware, operating systems and various software like MS Office, Adobe, Lotus Notes, Symantec & McAfee antivirus
2. Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File & Print, Antivirus deployment, configuration and management
3. IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 e-Mail Infrastructure and McAfee Antivirus deployment, configuration and management
4. Automate tasks like server/data backup using scripting techniques like VBScript and Batch scripting
5. Implement security controls and optimize server performance using Group Policy and provide problem-solving services to network users

He/She utilized skills including :- ( maximum 2 points )

1. Windows Server 2000/2003, Windows XP/Vista/7, Lotus Domino 8.5 and Lotus Sametime 8.0, Lotus Notes 6/7/8

2. Symantec and McAfee Antivirus, MS Office 2000/2003/2007, VBScripting, MS DOS

We wish him/her all the best for his/her future endeavors.
------------------------------------

Also that my current employer doesn't give any such letters, so I need to get 2 affidavits from my senior colleagues.
Will the similar content be considered good enough for those affidavits also?
It is matching 2282 please.

2281 is more emphasised to Computer Networks. Your profile matches to Systems

But there is one Job Title in 2281 that states System Administrator....so you are good to go if CIC does not have problems with that.

openstring

May 8, 2015
mwrooney said:
Criteria includes:

1-Age
2-Language Proficiency
3-Job Experience
4-Education

If you get enough points in that you are good to go. Single/Married does not help to get Canadian Immigration
Thank you for your answer. Is there age limit?

harrynode

May 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-03-2015
Med's Request
14-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
TLU..........: 16-06-2015
Passport Req..
15-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-01-2016
Hello Guys,

Received RPRF request and medicals simultaneously. What does this mean?

NewWorld

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
AOR Received.
28-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
29-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-08-2017
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
harrynode said:
Hello Guys,

Received RPRF request and medicals simultaneously. What does this mean?
hey Harry,

congrats dude.. you got your MR request and PR resident Fees to be paid... Once you done with your Medicals and this PRPF fees you have to wait for your next update.. mostly Passport Request...

good luck to you..

ruprocks

May 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

I am planning my landing in Toronto in July 2015 month ....anyone interested in sharing the flat in Canada during our initial struggle time of job hunting then please contact me at " rupender.sharma2011@gmail.com " .

I have applied under 2281 and I am CCIE Voice .

Rgds
Rupender

lilivachon

Jun 8, 2015
Hi,

I am a Network Administrator with 2 years and 3 Months Experience. I have worked with Cisco Firewalls, Routers and Switches. I have also worked with SOPHOS Firewalls and Vmware Esxi Servers, I am CCNA, CCNP and MCITP Certified. According to my skills I see NOC: 2281 will be good for me. Could you please let me know, what should be the process to apply for Express Entry. Could you please let me know step by step procedure?

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
lilivachon said:
Hi,

I am a Network Administrator with 2 years and 3 Months Experience. I have worked with Cisco Firewalls, Routers and Switches. I have also worked with SOPHOS Firewalls and Vmware Esxi Servers, I am CCNA, CCNP and MCITP Certified. According to my skills I see NOC: 2281 will be good for me. Could you please let me know, what should be the process to apply for Express Entry. Could you please let me know step by step procedure?
CIC website is the sloppiest website I've ever seen, no wonder one feels lost.
You need to spend sometime reading the stuff on this forum.

to start with you need to go to the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp to calculate your points.

1. Appear for IELTS, and obtain the result
2. Get ECA completed through WES(it takes a minimum of 20 days from the day WES receives the transcripts)
3. Open http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp, and click "Continue to GCKey" --> Create a login id
4. Go to "What would you like to do today?" section, under "Apply for" click "visitor visa, study and/or work permit"
5. Under "I do not have a Personal Reference Code" click "Detemine your eligibility..."
6. Complete the questionaire
7. After sometime the application will be reviewed and a message will be posted notifying you if you are eligible or not
8. If you are eligible then your CRS points will be shown
** Arrange experience letters from your employer(on the company letterhead) detailing the skills which match NOC 2281
** Also arrange PCC(Police Clearance Certificate) as it might be time consuming
9. At this stage you have to wait for the DRAW, if your application is selected on the basis of the CRS points then you will be sent an ITA(Invitation To Apply)
10. Upon getting the ITA, you have to submit all the related documents within 60 days, else your application will be rejected

****Senior members please correct me if anything is wrong and add if I have missed anything else****

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
openstring said:
Thank you for your answer. Is there age limit?
Try various combinations using the tool on the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

CRS points increase with age but peak around the early 30s and then start going down again
If you are single then you get more points as there are lesser financial liabilities

The tool should help you big time...

lilivachon

Jun 8, 2015
Hello Paul,

Thank you for the reply. According to eligibility calculator it shows I am eligible. My uncle is canadian citizen will it add extra points in express entry visa? It was indeed a valuable information. But I am still working. However, my company will give me experience letter if I request. Could you please let me know how should be the format of letter? As my company will not give me experience letter two times.

If you could send me a format. It will be very helpful.

Waiting for your response.

tarbader

Aug 1, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am working in Cisco TAC (Technical Assistant Center) and I am a CCIE certified

which NOC suits better 2281, 2282 in 2147 ?
I studied Computer Engineering.

I really cannot decide.

I know it is technical support but hob duties in 2282 is really like a low level and not up to what we have in Cisco TAC.
2281 is good but my Hob Title that i have in the work reference is 'Customer Support Engineer'

Please help

Regards,

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
tarbader said:
Hello Guys,

I am working in Cisco TAC (Technical Assistant Center) and I am a CCIE certified

which NOC suits better 2281, 2282 in 2147 ?
I studied Computer Engineering.

I really cannot decide.

I know it is technical support but hob duties in 2282 is really like a low level and not up to what we have in Cisco TAC.
2281 is good but my Hob Title that i have in the work reference is 'Customer Support Engineer'

Please help

Regards,
2281 Please. All the best.

tarbader

Aug 1, 2015
Thanks for the help

but i can see that 2281 is level B job.
will that affect searching for a Network engineering job with level A (more professional), like working with Networks vendor (like Cisco, Juniper ..) or System Integrator (like Cisco Partners) ?

Also I will change my job next month to start working with a big Cisco partner as Senior Network Security Engineer, my job duties would be pre-sales, design, and implementation, would this considered to be 2147 ?

Regards,

vedette

Jul 21, 2015
tarbader said:
Thanks for the help

but i can see that 2281 is level B job.
will that affect searching for a Network engineering job with level A (more professional), like working with Networks vendor (like Cisco, Juniper ..) or System Integrator (like Cisco Partners) ?

Also I will change my job next month to start working with a big Cisco partner as Senior Network Security Engineer, my job duties would be pre-sales, design, and implementation, would this considered to be 2147 ?

Regards,
Yes NOC 2281 is NOC Level B with respect to 2147 which is NOC Level A.

Once you are in Canada it never matters which NOC you have selected. Employer will never ask you.

NOC Selection is a Core Factor for your Immigration Application to Canada. Right NOC will make your selection Easy, Wrong NOC will lead your application to rejection.

2281 is more specific to Computer Networks whereas 2147 is general to Computer Engineers and then sub categorized to Wireless Network Engineer/Data Com Engineers.

Best thing is, Put in front the experience letter you have and compare your duties with both the NOCs. Once you have compared you have a better idea which NOC Suits you.

My Advice, Be Precise in selecting a NOC as little mistake here will affect you.

One more question which might come in to your mind that whether the Visa Officer/Program Assistant which is handling your case might prioritize NOC Level A Over NOC Level B? Well seeing the FSW 2014, both NOCs were equally preferred, but yes NOC 2147 was hugely crowded and filled earlier than NOC 2281.