Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16/07/2015
Asivad Anac said:
Native speaker or not, Immigration is not for everyone. You need native smarts, optimism, resilience and some dollops of luck/fortune/right place-right time/fate/whatever you may call it. Except for that last variable, the rest is under your control.

There are 3 kinds of immigrants who frequent online forums like this - the rare well-settled immigrant who dispenses well-intended advice from their experience, the ranter/raver who doesn't understand that their present is directly shaped by their past actions and prefers blaming the environment while simultaneously assuming (incorrectly of course) that their individual life journey is somehow immediately relevant to EVERY potential immigrant and thirdly the troll who justify their sorry little existence by scaring potential immigrants with doomsday examples. Not surprisingly, there are more of the 2nd and 3rd category than the 1st type. Its a lot like 24*7 news channels - if you watch those all the time, you would give up on any notions of the inherent goodness of people around and become suicidal or homicidal or both together. Bad news outsells good news everywhere.

Here is something I wrote a few days earlier on another thread about why one must be afraid of Immigration. And benefit from that fear.
really liked your post .cheers :)

Raskin

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About 7-8 years back my brother had newly immigrated and i too was interested in applying, but after
reading a similar post, my wife and myself decided to forget the Canada dream and be happy with what
we have accomplished here in India. However now for the past 1-2 years i started to try for immigration
again, but now i`m 38 and have less chances of success.

Posts such as these are very demoralizing and can affect people`s dreams. As some one has pointed out,
people immigrate for a lot of reasons, and not just to earn tons of money. In Gulf, we can only earn a living
but we can`t get a citizenship. Here in India, even if you become the CEO of a company, you still have to
breathe the same polluted air and your children have to compete with millions of people, weather its for
college seat or jobs.Canada may not be a bed of roses for us, but will be better for our children if we toil
now.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Raskin said:
About 7-8 years back my brother had newly immigrated and i too was interested in applying, but after
reading a similar post, my wife and myself decided to forget the Canada dream and be happy with what
we have accomplished here in India. However now for the past 1-2 years i started to try for immigration

Posts such as these are very demoralizing and can affect people`s dreams. As some one has pointed out,
people immigrate for a lot of reasons, and not just to earn tons of money. In Gulf, we can only earn a living
but we can`t get a citizenship. Here in India, even if you become the CEO of a company, you still have to
breathe the same polluted air and your children have to compete with millions of people, weather its for
college seat or jobs.Canada may not be a bed of roses for us, but will be better for our children if we toil
now.
I'm sorry about what happened to you. This is precisely why we must not encourage or take these kinds of failure experiences too personally. We have to learn from failures, no doubt but if we make life decisions based on somebody else's failure, then that's a BIG mistake. I hope you are able to immigrate to Canada soon. I wish you all success :) .

Hansdza

Mar 7, 2013
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raskin said:

now.
The whole point of this thread is to give people who've never been to Canada a balanced perspective of what is it like to being here. Polluted environment, tight competition, fear of the future of our Children are problems faced by everyone in virtually EVERYWHERE around the globe. Not to mention developing countries with severe lack of good governance.

I was misled as well before I came here, people sez Canada is the best place to live in world. the land of honey and milk, everything is sweet, blah blah blah and all those of craps. I had very limited information at that time that finding middle level jobs was so difficult. As others have mentioned, international education and experience under your belt is nothing here. Had I been informed about that in the beginning I would have reconsidered my decision and probably I would just have stayed in my home country and be grateful for everything I had so far.

Life is all about options, and when you make decision you need to know the so called INFORMATION in a full disclosure to make sure that you understand the pros and cons.

Let truths be told. and let people make decision for whatever reasons they believe. based on full disclosure of information. If they know all the risk and opportunities from the beginning, they will not complain in the future.

Wonders

Apr 29, 2017
Yea Asivad, that seems reasonable. Immigrating to Canada is a dream for millions. We hear a lot of success stories and we hear the sore lamenting of a few. While it is important that we listen to their story and not make the same mistakes, we MUST NEVER absorb the negativity/too much positivity associated with it. Like you have correctly pointed out, over-optimism is not a good thing too.

Hi All,

Everyone has his/her own experience and view to look at things. Post reading the entire thread, realized that one should be prepared for worst; however, should not leave the hope of getting the best.
With the same hope and positivity, requesting all the immigrants who have landed in Canada to share the best practices and their experiences on how to find the accommodation, job etc. Also, need the expert advise on how to survive in a new country as I've received my COPR and preparing myself to move to Canada.

Kindly advise if there is any group for assistance.

Thanks in advance!