+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Background declaration (imm0008) >> Point 10-15

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi ,

I have few question on the background declaration here are these .

10. Education
Give no. of years of ......

Q10.A > Primary School - Is there a exact definition of primary school ? [ Most websites says it is till 6th grade while some people say it is 10 years after nursury (kindergarden) ]
Q10.B > Should I exaplain the vacation days (gaps ) between the courses as well. It is not mentioned in the form but some people recommend that . Example :
After 11th grade (standard ) Exam 2 months vacation gap for 12th
After 12th grade (standard ) Exam 5 months vacation and preparation gap for Engineering collage entrance.

11. Personal History

I am pretty clear on this one that we have to provide information on the gaps. For example we are unemployed state "Unemployed" .

Q11.A > In case of Unemployed should I provide information like "Dependent on ..<%%>........" where <%%> could be mother,father etc.
Though it is not written here. It was required when I filled my work permit form last year.

15. Addresses

Q15.A No particular question here. Would like to understand that is there something to keep in mind while filling this section? One requirement I know is that there should'nt be any gaps.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You did not mention from which country you are. There are some differences for the period of School/University education between countries.

Any how an example : If Education is Graduate: B.Com + PG from India:

Column 10 :

Elementary/Primary : 7
Secondary /High School: 5
University/College: 3
Post graduation : 2

Column 11 : Give Unemployed , period, place, Living with parents at home.

Col 15 : Give the details asked from your age of 18 without gap.

Hope you are clear now.

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Sorry, I am from India and an BE
Thanks. That gives me clear definition .

In the top box . mentioning no. of years as

Elementary/Primary : 7
Secondary /High School: 5
University/College: 4

And the details I have to mention Starting from secondary eduction in the detail section right!!
Note: I did my secondary school from one single place and collage as well from one single place.

Example :
One entry : Grade year 8th to grade year 12th ( 5 years )
Second Entry : Bachelor year 13th to year 16th ( 4 years )

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Thanks, Thats correct 7+5+4 = 16 .
However in my previous post I was confirming that according to the form I dont have to mention ROW "Detailing out Primary Education "