+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you make it with a small child and wife?

gleni

Jan 23, 2013
Hi everyone.

I'm talking about the beginning, cause I know it's hard and after you get used it's OK.
I'm 31, my wife has the same age, and we have a 18 months old son. We're thinking to apply for the skilled permanent worker immigration program to Quebec. Even if we're eligible, we'd come without a previously signed work contract and without a relative there.

Is it very hard for families with a small child who have no relatives there? Is this an adventure only for young couples without children or for couples with older children? Or can a family like mine make it without knowing anyone in a large colder city?
Even if I am eligible and I actually received the right to immigrate, my worst fear is if my child gets sick at night (climate change and stuff), and if it is easy to get help by someone in the middle of the night, like taxi or sth?

Or a family like mine shouldn't take such a risk because it is too hard if you have very young kids?

Thank you in advance.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Approximately 8.5 million people are living in Quebec province. I don't know the count of children out of this population. Any how, take it easy as you are planning to settle down in one of the most advanced country and not going to Somalia with your child.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
You would have no problem getting a taxi or if it was an emergency, an ambulance if required. The more involved you get on forum the more you will find that it can be quite like an extended family. You may find you have a lot in common with others and you can be of support to each other. Also there are many community services to assist immigrants and families with young children. The immigration process takes quite a while so your babe maybe older than you think by the time you arrive. Good luck

gleni

Jan 23, 2013
wilson said:
Approximately 8.5 million people are living in Quebec province. I don't know the count of children out of this population. Any how, take it easy as you are planning to settle down in one of the most advanced country and not going to Somalia with your child.
I know that the question might sound weird and absurd, but I think i expressed what I wanted to know in a wrong way. I'm talking about the beginning. What I really was looking for was the experience of any similar couple who has immigrated with a toddler. Is this an adventure that can be taken in my conditions or is it too hard and not worth trying? (I really want to try though)
What I meant with easy access was, seeing from google earth street view that blocks are large and far from each other, and many of them have only houses. Since on the first weeks or months I will not have a car and no relative around, can you have access to urgent medicines at night, on foot? Like if you want something really quick, can you run or you'll have to wait for a taxi to send you to a far away place for that? Here in Albania everything is near, because cities are very small and you can rely a lot on neighbors and relatives, hence the concern.

gleni

Jan 23, 2013
Pippin said:
You would have no problem getting a taxi or if it was an emergency, an ambulance if required. The more involved you get on forum the more you will find that it can be quite like an extended family. You may find you have a lot in common with others and you can be of support to each other. Also there are many community services to assist immigrants and families with young children. The immigration process takes quite a while so your babe maybe older than you think by the time you arrive. Good luck
Thank you.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Aha. Now we have a clearer picture of your experience. Most pharmacies close in the evening for prescription medications but you would be able to get what you needed in an emergency. There are grocery stores that carry everything you could imagine that stay open until midnight and some open 24 hours a day.

akshaysanthosh

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Med's Request
8-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
8-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2013
LANDED..........
10-5-2013
CORP...............Urgent help needed

Hi,

In my 3.5yrs old child's CORP has a mistake.His actual height is 101 cms,but ,it is printed as 110 cms.
Is this a major issue?what shoud i do next. Seniors........pls respond.