+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you mail Indian & US passport to New Delhi from US

vmanic

Oct 21, 2010
Hi,

I got the request to do my medical and send all docs with passport and visa fees by Nov 7 from New Delhi VO. My attorney says I can send my medicals and other docs by Nov 7th and send my passport and visa fees to New Delhin after they finalize my application which may be approximately 4 months from the date I send my medicals. I am right now in US and have no plans for my India trip as I dont have US visa to come back as well as waiting to file my h1 extension.

1. I would like to know if I can send my Indian passport and my sons US passport to India while I am in US, if so is that legal and how should I do that?
2. How many days or months it would take to get the passport back from canada embassy in New Delhi?
3. How can I get the passport back from India as canada embassy in New Delhi says they can only mail it to an Indian address and not anywhere else?
4. In case of emergency trip to India while my passport is in transit how can I get back my passport to make that travel?

Any prior experience or news heard from others or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Manic

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Your attorney/consultant may only show rosy picture to you, better to be aware of the facts...

vmanic said:
Hi,

I got the request to do my medical and send all docs with passport and visa fees by Nov 7 from New Delhi VO. My attorney says I can send my medicals and other docs by Nov 7th and send my passport and visa fees to New Delhin after they finalize my application which may be approximately 4 months from the date I send my medicals. I am right now in US and have no plans for my India trip as I dont have US visa to come back as well as waiting to file my h1 extension.

-You can not send your medical to VO, it will be sent by Dr.'s office to local VO,
if you do medical in USA & need those reports in India VO, you need to take care, I am not sure about steps, something through Ottawa office

1. I would like to know if I can send my Indian passport and my sons US passport to India while I am in US, if so is that legal and how should I do that?
-It is not legal & is risky, but people do this in such situation

2. How many days or months it would take to get the passport back from canada embassy in New Delhi?

3. How can I get the passport back from India as canada embassy in New Delhi says they can only mail it to an Indian address and not anywhere else?
-they will send it to your Indian address, someone from India would need to fedex to you (illegal & risky)

4. In case of emergency trip to India while my passport is in transit how can I get back my passport to make that travel?
-Tough, in any case VO will send it to your Indian address....

Any prior experience or news heard from others or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Manic

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Hi,

I am currently working in US and my wife is with me here in US. We are now suppose to do our medicals and get out passport stamped.
My query is how long it will take to get our passport stamped? Since for this i guess we'll have to go to New Delhi, India. I cannot leave my work here for a long time. I read on different blogs saying it takes around 4-8 weeks. Is it true?
Cannot it be done in one day if we personally go there and get it stamped?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

karsatjaya

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-06-2011
CDB said:
Hi,

I am currently working in US and my wife is with me here in US. We are now suppose to do our medicals and get out passport stamped.
My query is how long it will take to get our passport stamped? Since for this i guess we'll have to go to New Delhi, India. I cannot leave my work here for a long time. I read on different blogs saying it takes around 4-8 weeks. Is it true?
Cannot it be done in one day if we personally go there and get it stamped?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Hi CDB,

Please join the below thread you can find lot of information.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-passport-tracking-thread-t55910.1005.html

Thanks

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Hi karsatjaya,

Thank you very much.
Really appreciate :)

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Hi,
Please help me with a few queries:
1. I am working in US but I had applied for PR in CHC New Delhi. I read on the blogs that the DMP does not give report to the applicant; instead they send it directly to the CHC. So, if I do my medicals here (in US), will the DMP send my reports to New Delhi?
2. If NO, then it seems that I will have to travel to India JUST to do my Medicals. Is my assumption correct or is there a way out?
3. I also read on the blogs that I can get my passport stamped ONLY at the visa office where I applied (i.e. CHC New Delhi). Which is why I prepared myself for traveling back to India to get my passport stamped whenever I get a mail from CHC. I would like to avoid this travel because of obvious reasons....ticketing cost + I won't get a leave from work. Can anyone suggest a solution whereby I can avoid the travel?

Appreciate a response...thanks

laxmikanthms

Dec 31, 2009
Toronto,Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-07-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-02-2010
AOR Received.
June-14-2010
IELTS Request
Already Done
File Transfer...
Feb-10-2010
Med's Request
Nov-01-2010
Med's Done....
Dec-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-13-2011
LANDED..........
May-07-2010 (Before PR Approval on Workpermit)
CDB

1. Yes DMP sends to CHC directly. infact they send to Ottawa and any other CHC can view the reports online. From ourside nothing to be done

2. Yes passport will be stamped only in the CHC which is mentioned in the application.

Regards,
Laxmikanth'

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
Thanks Laxmikanth for the response.

It would have been great if stamping was allowed from US. My agent told me that process has been centralized. But, it seems like its not truely "centralized". Anyways, will have to do what CHC rules says :(

Thanks again.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
ok guys let me give u the clear picture. I did my medical in US last oct and got the visa stamped from New Delhi, so i can tell u better.

firstly we got our medical papers at our India address and my husband bought it from india by hand.

I did my medicals in US (in NJ) and specifically told the Dr to sent it New Delhi. The reason - We got a hand written instruction on our medical forms to instruct the doctor\examiner to send the results to New Delhi. Doctor ofcourse, charged us a $100 extra to send it by fedex and also we gave them the new delhi address as was mentioned on the forms to send it to.

The medicals reached New delhi within 4 days.

So after medicals, my husband hand carried the passport back to new delhi as it is illegal to send the passports in and out of india by mail and submitted it to New delhi.

surprisingly , we got our passports back within 12 days to our india address and were later carried to US by my mother ( about a month after).

so the bottom line is u should not mail your passports to india because

1. No courier will accept it.
2. IF accepted, can get stuck at india custom.

Think and make your move.

vmanic

Oct 21, 2010
Can you pls share the dates of ur passport submission and what date you received in mail back? Did you did only for you and ur husband or for kids also?

I sent my passport thru my friend and he mailed it from there. I got the confirmation from the courier company that my passport was delivered on 3rd Dec 2010 but I havent yet got my passport back. I still see my status as "In Process" and my attorney has received communication from ND few days back that New Delhi VO received my visa fees and was cashed.

I am planning to bring the passport back from India through some friends once I get it.

baljinsi

Jan 18, 2011
vmanic said:
Hi,

-Manic
Hi Manic,
How you handelled above situation. I am also currently in same boat. I am at Australia now with my family. I have received a letter at my Indian address to Get medical examination and to submit the original passports. As we are in Aus and I also cannot leave my studies in between and my wife is doing job here. Would you please share your experience how you handelled your problem? I have only 30 days to submit everything.Please reply as soon as possible.Thanks a lot...

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
As i said it took 12 days in total from the day it reached New delhi to the day my parents received it in india.

it was on 19 oct 2010 to 2 or 3 nov 2010 i guess.

May be i was a AEO case :'(

vmanic said:
Can you pls share the dates of ur passport submission and what date you received in mail back? Did you did only for you and ur husband or for kids also?

I sent my passport thru my friend and he mailed it from there. I got the confirmation from the courier company that my passport was delivered on 3rd Dec 2010 but I havent yet got my passport back. I still see my status as "In Process" and my attorney has received communication from ND few days back that New Delhi VO received my visa fees and was cashed.

I am planning to bring the passport back from India through some friends once I get it.