+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you give me your opinion on my situation

Carlosrodas

Nov 22, 2014
Hi, I'm from Guatemala (32 years old),I have a bachelors in political science but 3 years experience in marketing, 4 years in humanitarian aid and 8 years in ESL teaching. I want to apply under the FSWP, to move to Canada with my wife (34 years old) and son (5 years old). I don't think I would have much trouble with the English exam and I have an uncle (mom's cousin) that lives in Canada as a citizen.

My experience in marketing has been through a family owned business started by my wife 6 years ago, we employ over 100 people and work with major global brands, we have all the necessary documentation to prove this, I would apply as a marketing professional because this is the only one from my experiences listed in the 50 possible skills. My other professional experiences have been with major local and global organizations but I don't think they would help that much because they aren't is a desired field of expertise for the FSWP.

I have two questions, do you think my case will get enough points in EE to be sent an ITA? And should I go ahead and start with the necessary paper work (document translation, ECA, IELTS, etc) before I even know if I'll get ITA?

Thanks!

Ps.: we would like to move to Calgary or Edmonton if possible

susana

Nov 4, 2008
You won't have Time to apply under the current regulations , as per CIC , EE won't have a list of occupations and you will need to prepare for EE , take the IELTS exam (both of you) translate your documents and apply for the equivalency . Without the IELTS and the equivalency you don't stand a chance to get an ITA .

Carlosrodas

Nov 22, 2014
susana said:
You won't have Time to apply under the current regulations , as per CIC , EE won't have a list of occupations and you will need to prepare for EE , take the IELTS exam (both of you) translate your documents and apply for the equivalency . Without the IELTS and the equivalency you don't stand a chance to get an ITA .
is it necessary for both of us to take the exa or is it because we will get a better overall score?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Carlosrodas said:
is it necessary for both of us to take the exa or is it because we will get a better overall score?
You will need IELTS exam done after you are invited anyway (score required depends on the stream you apply under (CEC, FSW, etc) , so might as well do it now. IELTS test result is valid for 2 years.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Not necessary but recomended as you can get extra points if your wife has a good English level

Before creating your profile you will need to take a language test in English or French. If you were educated outside of Canada, you may also need to have your education assessed against Canadian standards.
If you meet the criteria of one of the federal economic immigration programs subject to Express Entry, you will be placed in a pool of pre-screened candidates.