+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you get an Option C Printout from CRA Online?

andrew-brit

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2014
Doc's Request.
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
SA: 31-10-2014 In Process: 07-09-2015
File Transfer...
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014 extended until 19-10-2016
Passport Req..
DM 05-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
30-12-2015
Hello. I have some questions about the Option C Printout.

For the most recent tax year, 2013, we have a paper version of the Notice of Assessment.

We called CRA and were told that we could get an Option C Printout off of the CRA website.

When we log in online to CRA we can access a printer friendly version of our 2013 assessment. Is this the Option C Printout?

We are unsure what the document is titled so we do not know if we have the correct document.

Thanks,
Andrew

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
Maybe the agent is mistaken? The online version does give you details. (The welcome page shows the notice of assessment which is a summary but if you click on the Tax returns tab and click on view returns, you'll see the details). However, it's not exactly the same. There are a few items that are on the Option C but not in the online printout. E.g. Forein property, EI included in employment insurance premium, etc. The Option C printout is titled 'Income Tax Return Information - Regular', it shows the Reported and a Processed column (although the reported column is blank or asterisks). The online printout just has the 'amount' column. and it is titled '2013 assessment'. I would suggest you call again and order the printout, just to avoid possible problems in the future, unless you need to submit this right away for whatever reason. But I will still suggest you request for it. It takes approximately 2 weeks (within Canada). and by the way, I believe they require an original option C printout so the agent telling you to print things online won't help you.

Wating4turn

Aug 27, 2014
andrew-brit said:

For the most recent tax year, 2013, we have a paper version of the Notice of Assessment.

We called CRA and were told that we could get an Option C Printout off of the CRA website.

When we log in online to CRA we can access a printer friendly version of our 2013 assessment. Is this the Option C Printout?

We are unsure what the document is titled so we do not know if we have the correct document.

I think its is by mail only. I remember I had to call them to get the Option C Printout. They mailed it within 10 days.

Thanks,
Andrew

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
andrew-brit said:

Thanks,
Andrew

You will need to get one sent from Canada Revenue Agency... it took less than a week when I called them,
they sent it very fast...

ISP221

Sep 16, 2014
We printed it from online and got spousal approval no problems. Probably just depends on which agent reviews the application. As quick as they get it to you, I'd say unless it was an issue of not making a timeline if one waited, wait and get the one from CRA in the mail. Better safe than sorry.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ISP221 said:
We printed it from online and got spousal approval no problems. Probably just depends on which agent reviews the application. As quick as they get it to you, I'd say unless it was an issue of not making a timeline if one waited, wait and get the one from CRA in the mail. Better safe than sorry.
I am surprised that your application got accepted. The checklist specifically asked for ORIGINAL option C printout for proof of income for sponsor. The online printout is not an original document.

However it also says that if you cannot provide option C printout, you can submit other evidence of income. So I suppose an online print of NOA may suffice. Since there is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, the option C is only used to confirm if you have been on welfare or not.

Unlike PGP sponsorship, CiC would likely to be strict in getting original option C printouts as income verification is one of the qualifiers of PGP sponsorship.

Screech339

ISP221

Sep 16, 2014
Yea, when we read original we weren't sure what that meant. It was an original printout from us, but not from CRA. So we sent the online one. A few weeks later after reading this forum I decided that wasn't probably going to work, so I got one from CRA and sent it. The day I sent it we got sponsor approval. So I'd recommend just getting the CRA printout and saving the worry. It took like 3-5 days to get from the CRA is all.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
screech339 said:
I am surprised that your application got accepted. The checklist specifically asked for ORIGINAL option C printout for proof of income for sponsor. The online printout is not an original document.

However it also says that if you cannot provide option C printout, you can submit other evidence of income. So I suppose an online print of NOA may suffice. Since there is no minimum income requirement to sponsor, the option C is only used to confirm if you have been on welfare or not.

Unlike PGP sponsorship, CiC would likely to be strict in getting original option C printouts as income verification is one of the qualifiers of PGP sponsorship.

Screech339
Thanks for the help on this. However, how does this work for an Outland application? I have been living and working outside of Canada for the last year and a half. Would I still obtain the Option C print out and still include evidence of employment (pay stubs/bank statements etc.) for my income here?

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
DPParmar, I'm in the same boat as you… Canadian citizen who's been living in the USA with my American husband for a few years. I'm hoping someone replies to you!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
DPParmar said:
Thanks for the help on this. However, how does this work for an Outland application? I have been living and working outside of Canada for the last year and a half. Would I still obtain the Option C print out and still include evidence of employment (pay stubs/bank statements etc.) for my income here?
if you are working outside of canada, then you don't need to submit an option c. the sponsor's checklist specifies what is accepted as an alternative. that would be 12 months of paychecks and a letter of explanation. i'm sure you can send your tax returns from the us as well. the reason for the option c is to confirm the canadian hasn't used welfare in the past 12 months or has filed for bankruptcy. since you are working outside of canada, it would be difficult/impossible to draw canadian welfare. your paystubs and letter explanation will help ease any concern of the liklihood that you will apply for welfare upon settling in canada. if you are outside of canada, then it's best to supply as much proof of your settlement plans upfront.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
I did read all that, but was unsure they cared about (or would even accept) pay stubs from the USA.

Our US green card application was SO crazy complex… I'm having a difficult time following the simplicity and clear explanations on the Canadian checklist. haha.

DPParmar

Jan 21, 2015
Surrey, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/03/2015
Doc's Request.
22/09/2015
AOR Received.
25/04/2015
File Transfer...
04/05/2015 (In Process)
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Passport Req..
19-11-2015 (DM on ECAS)
rhcohen2014 said:
if you are working outside of canada, then you don't need to submit an option c. the sponsor's checklist specifies what is accepted as an alternative. that would be 12 months of paychecks and a letter of explanation. i'm sure you can send your tax returns from the us as well. the reason for the option c is to confirm the canadian hasn't used welfare in the past 12 months or has filed for bankruptcy. since you are working outside of canada, it would be difficult/impossible to draw canadian welfare. your paystubs and letter explanation will help ease any concern of the liklihood that you will apply for welfare upon settling in canada. if you are outside of canada, then it's best to supply as much proof of your settlement plans upfront.
Thanks! Makes sense, just wasn't sure if I should send both. I have the paychecks to send. Where it states other income (interest income, etc.), would I include any investments I have back in Canada in this section, or would that all fall under the intent to resettle portion of the application? I'm in the UK, and can include bank statements from here to show savings and interest earned as well.

On another note, as I am working in the UK, would I state my net income in pounds or CAD dollars? (For the Sponsorship Evaluation form)?

And lastly, I've been trying to figure out how to organise the forms and supporting documents. Should I just follow the order of the "Document Checklist - Sponsor" with my forms/docs first and then my spouses forms/docs following? I know the barcode page needs to go on the top. Also, the letter explanation you mentioned, where would this be put?

Many thanks in advance!

Enginer315

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2014
Nomination.....
11-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-05-2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
19-05-2015
Interview........
4th Line (DM): 29-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-07-2015
Proof of income statement (option 'C' print) –
This service is now available online
To save you time, you can now print a Proof of income statement (option 'C' print) from the My Account portal. Statements can be printed for each of the last three tax years (beginning in 2013) as long as those returns have been assessed.

here is the CRA link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/whtsnw-eng.html

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Enginer315 said:
Proof of income statement (option 'C' print) –
This service is now available online
To save you time, you can now print a Proof of income statement (option 'C' print) from the My Account portal. Statements can be printed for each of the last three tax years (beginning in 2013) as long as those returns have been assessed.

here is the CRA link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/whtsnw-eng.html
The CIC no longer asks for the Option C printout on the checklist. They not ask for the Notice of Assessment, which can be printed out at the same place.

lkla

Mar 10, 2016
rhcohen2014 said:
Hi, can you verify if this is true? As I'm also working outside of Canada and would like to sponsor my wife to Canada. The last time I filed the tax return form was in 2009 and the CRA couldn't even find my file when I called. He explained my account has been inactive for too long. Do you know if there is any way that I can request the Option C printout by filling a form or so?(if it is necessary for the sponsor application) I'm very confuse now.