+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you expedite the passport stamping process?

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
Can stamping process be expedited if we have a genuine reason?
I am not sure about Nepal, but in India it cannot be as the logistics department (Blue Dart) will take the same time irrespective of the priority. If you might have taken premium service during the biometrics, there might be a chance that at the IRCC office your stamping would be prioritized over the remaining lot.

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
I am not sure about Nepal, but in India it cannot be as the logistics department (Blue Dart) will take the same time irrespective of the priority. If you might have taken premium service during the biometrics, there might be a chance that at the IRCC office your stamping would be prioritized over the remaining lot.
It's the same for Nepal and India as both are processed at the same place. Do you know how long it currently takes on average to get the passport back?

Wisp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2021
It's the same for Nepal and India as both are processed at the same place. Do you know how long it currently takes on average to get the passport back?
My passport pick up date was August 12 (raised the request on 9th) and got my passport back on August 22. Around two weeks is the estimated timeline.

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
The Courier Executive, picks the passport up from your residence and sends it to the Visa Application Center in the city allocated to your application, then the Visa Application Center facilitates the transfer to the Consulate, where the consular staff process and stamp the visa. It can take a few days between each process, even more so when weekends are involved. 2 weeks is decent timelines But it can take up to 3 weeks if the distance between your home town and the visa application center/consular city is large.