+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can You Choose Citizenship Test Language at the Time of the Test?

viiv

Feb 14, 2016
To anyone who knows or has already done the 20 question citizenship test, can you choose to do the test in either English or French at the time of the test? Or are you stuck with the test in the language you selected on your official application form (the question about do you want to communicate/receive correspondence in English/French) that you mailed in when you first applied for citizenship? Thanks!

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
To anyone who knows or has already done the 20 question citizenship test, can you choose to do the test in either English or French at the time of the test? Or are you stuck with the test in the language you selected on your official application form (the question about do you want to communicate/receive correspondence in English/French) that you mailed in when you first applied for citizenship? Thanks!
When I took the test in Vancouver they asked if anybody wanted to take the test in French. I believe every location should offer both languages.

ski

Nov 20, 2013
Citizenship is a federal process and everywhere the test has both English and French. You get a booklet. One side of the page, the questions are in English and the other side in French. At the first page where you fill in your details, you tick whether you are taking in English or French.

viiv

Feb 14, 2016
Yes, thank you I understand all that. I guess my question is are you bound to write the test in the language that you ticked off on the application form? Thanks?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You don't "write" the test.
It's a MCQ where you only have to select an answer between A, B, C and D on a separate answer sheet.