+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you check my Employment letter for OHIP? Thanks a lot

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
I am Post-Grad Work Permit holder starting in July, 2016 and I got my job thought job agency in October, 2016. I was trying to get the OHIP in Service Ontario last week. They refused because my employment letter didn't mention I am a full time worker. I found this company thought Temporary job agency and it is a contract job. However, there is no definite end date with this company and I worked full time hour (37.5hrs) every week. They don't mind hiring me until my work permit expire thou. I discussed with the job agency again and they write me a new employment letter, I am not sure if OHIP will accept this letter. Can you take a look for me? Thank you very much.

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
a16107 said:
I am Post-Grad Work Permit holder starting in July, 2016 and I got my job thought job agency in October, 2016. I was trying to get the OHIP in Service Ontario last week. They refused because my employment letter didn't mention I am a full time worker. I found this company thought Temporary job agency and it is a contract job. However, there is no definite end date with this company and I worked full time hour (37.5hrs) every week. They don't mind hiring me until my work permit expire thou. I discussed with the job agency again and they write me a new employment letter, I am not sure if OHIP will accept this letter. Can you take a look for me? Thank you very much.

difficult to read, however the letter have to come from the employer and not the agency. If it is again from the agency you will be declined. Ask the employer to write a letter that you are employed on a full time basis along with number of hours and salary info. The letter does not ahve to be wordy. All the want to see is the Employer letter head, Full time employee, number of hours per week and Salary.

Hope this answer your question...I went through this exact process.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
MonzB said:
difficult to read, however the letter have to come from the employer and not the agency. If it is again from the agency you will be declined. Ask the employer to write a letter that you are employed on a full time basis along with number of hours and salary info. The letter does not ahve to be wordy. All the want to see is the Employer letter head, Full time employee, number of hours per week and Salary.

Hope this answer your question...I went through this exact process.
Thank you for your reply.

I employed by the job agency and worked at the assigned company for almost 6 months and my manager also wants to keep me longer. (no definite end date unless I want to quit)

They just can't issue me an employment letter because they don't pay my salary (the agency paid me). They want to help but they have to follow their rule. My manager also let the Service Ontario to call her directly to verify my job, but I don't think service Ontario care. They just want a letter only.

What can I do now? :-[

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
Talk to your Manager and ask them if they can rehire you outside of the agency. Because that will be your only bet...Agency work is very indefinite. Service Canada wants the letter from the employer and not the agency...it will be tough... I am sorry but try to explain to your manager. Hopefully they can rehire you outside of the agency.

deril

Feb 22, 2017
Hi a16107

Just wanted to know if your new letter worked for you. I am kind of in a same situation. Your reply/advice will be very helpful.

Thanks.