+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you apply for 2 LMO at the same time ?

anurag85123

Jan 7, 2009
Hi,

I am currently working in Canada as a skilled worker and have a valid work permit till September 2011. I recently got a job in Montreal and they have started the work permit process by applying for LMO. My employment with them is conditional based on acceptance of LMO. I need a job badly right now and hence I want to apply for another job to be safe . I wanted to know that is it legal to apply for another LMO while one is in process ? And if it is legal then if the first one goes through then can i cancel the other process in the middle ? Can i be assured that once I get the LMO then there wont be any problem in getting the work permit or should i cancel the other LMO process only once i get a work permit ?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anurag85123 said:
I am currently working in Canada as a skilled worker and have a valid work permit till September 2011. I recently got a job in Montreal and they have started the work permit process by applying for LMO. My employment with them is conditional based on acceptance of LMO. I need a job badly right now and hence I want to apply for another job to be safe . I wanted to know that is it legal to apply for another LMO while one is in process ? And if it is legal then if the first one goes through then can i cancel the other process in the middle ? Can i be assured that once I get the LMO then there wont be any problem in getting the work permit or should i cancel the other LMO process only once i get a work permit ?
The LMO is an employer application. You don't apply for it and it won't make a difference if you are listed on more than one LMO application. You also cannot cancel an LMO app. Only an employer can. But basically the answer to your question is NO, if you have an LMO and meet the CIC requirements, you shouldn't have a problem getting a work permit even if another employer is applying for an LMO with your name on it. You know that you can only have one valid work permit at a time.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Old topic, I know, but would like to see if the answer provided to the OP still stands or not. Can an employee be in 2 LMO/LMIA applications without complications from Service Canada?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

beholder69 said:
Old topic, I know, but would like to see if the answer provided to the OP still stands or not. Can an employee be in 2 LMO/LMIA applications without complications from Service Canada?
Answer is still valid. But again only one Work permit at a time.

joanenriquez

Jan 7, 2014
Hi guys , just wanna ask on how & who is eligible to apply PR in canada,? My husband is a temporary foriegn worker program in canada and Iam holding SOPW. I am new here 2 weeks and my husband is 1 year only and he was recently resigned to his employer a week a go means he didnt finished his contract, my question is there is a chance for us to apply PR to continue our stay here? Or to extend my open work permit while he is looking for new job?