+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we work full time after giving the final exam for our Degree?

ammarshah

Mar 20, 2016
Hello,

My final exam is on 23rd of April and that will be the end of my studies as an international student since my Master Degree will be finished. I would like to know if I can work full time after that until I receive my final transcript since it takes a month or 45 days to get the final transcript and during that time I would like to continue working to be able to afford my self.

I read here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#after

It only says that I cannot work until I apply for PGWP, but we cannot apply for that before getting final grades and that takes some time from the University. Would like confirmation from others if working is possible. I will apply for PGWP the same day I will receive my Final Transcript as I already have the application ready and just need the final transcript to upload and file it.

Thank you :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

My final exam is on 23rd of April and that will be the end of my studies as an international student since my Master Degree will be finished. I would like to know if I can work full time after that until I receive my final transcript since it takes a month or 45 days to get the final transcript and during that time I would like to continue working to be able to afford my self.

I read here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#after

It only says that I cannot work until I apply for PGWP, but we cannot apply for that before getting final grades and that takes some time from the University. Would like confirmation from others if working is possible. I will apply for PGWP the same day I will receive my Final Transcript as I already have the application ready and just need the final transcript to upload and file it.

Thank you :)
You can't work full time until you submit the PGWP application.

ammarshah

Mar 20, 2016
You can't work full time until you submit the PGWP application.
Hello,

I see. But can we work Part time until we get the final results? As the final transcript atleast will take about a month to be released by the university. As of now I know we can work full time until 30th April off campus as per IRCC temporary policy, but after 30th April scheduled breaks happen so in general we should be able to work full time until we get our final transcript released by the university.