+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we use Old Reference Letter for proving work Experiences

valioiko

Star Member
Jul 27, 2008
In case we are not able to obtain a reference letter from the past employer (or the present one for that matter), what are we supposed to do?

Would a copy of the contract + job description + employment record do the trick?

Thanks!

V

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
valioiko said:
In case we are not able to obtain a reference letter from the past employer (or the present one for that matter), what are we supposed to do?

Would a copy of the contract + job description + employment record do the trick?

Thanks!

V
It would suffice provided the job description matches closely with the NOC duties.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Thnks anac mam,
+1.... And i want to add my mother in my pr application...any solution to add my mom my father is no more and i dnt want to leave her alone at this stage..
Would be great to have ur words

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Thnks anac mam,
+1.... And i want to add my mother in my pr application...any solution to add my mom my father is no more and i dnt want to leave her alone at this stage..
Would be great to have ur words
Unfortunately, that isn't possible. The definition of family for a PR application includes only spouse/common-law partner/dependent children.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
If the reference letter is from 2011, you will be able to use it to claim experience acquired only till that date. To claim experience gained between 2011 and 2015, you will either need a revised letter dated 2015 (I recommend this) or you can attempt to prove continuous employment from 2011-15 with the same employer using other supporting documentation like performance appraisal letters, salary revision letters, pay stubs etc.

Mam anac..this is making me doubtful.....could u kindly explain why i need to revise my experience letter?
And i dnt hv paystubs,business card..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Mam anac..this is making me doubtful.....could u kindly explain why i need to revise my experience letter?
And i dnt hv paystubs,business card..
Check the date of your reference letter. If it is in 2015, you don't need a fresh letter. If it is older, you might need a new reference letter. The basic logic is that you cannot claim work experience AFTER the date of your reference letter using that letter.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
But i'll create EE profile in january,2016.. So i don't know after january when i m going to get ITA ...
What about instruction by CIC that work experience should be in last ten years??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
But i'll create EE profile in january,2016.. So i don't know after january when i m going to get ITA ...
What about instruction by CIC that work experience should be in last ten years??
Your experience has to be within the last 10 years (counting back from the time you submit your application after ITA) and in NOC 0/A/B.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
Right mam..so all is good in my case...no matter when i get ITA , till dec,2016...im worried cozz ur words are like voice of god in CIC....so thats y i was trying to clear....all i need to be sure from ur side that when i'll create my profile in jan,16... With reference letter dated. March,2015....would there be a problem?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$unn¥123 said:
Right mam..so all is good in my case...no matter when i get ITA , till dec,2016...im worried cozz ur words are like voice of god in CIC....so thats y i was trying to clear....all i need to be sure from ur side that when i'll create my profile in jan,16... With reference letter dated. March,2015....would there be a problem?
Won't be a problem. With the letter dated March '15, you will not be able to claim any experience acquired after March '15.

ssingh5

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hey Guys

I need your help.

I came to canada and completed my Masters Degree on 30th April 2015.
I started working with an IT company temporary full time from May 2015 till 11 Sep 2015.
I got another job offer and i change my province to Ontario, its a contract full time employement directly hired by my company no agency in between. The contract is valid till Dec 2016. I joined on 14th Sep 2015 (No Gap in both jobs)

So for my Canadian work Experience score of 1 year - Am i eligible in May 2016 for CEC Class in express entry . My canadian work experience is valid ?? As it is not continous and permanent. But i found on CIC requirement for CEC they never mentioned permanent or continous anywhere.
So am i good to go ?

If yes, What should i need from my 1st employer. As i asked them for the reference letter they provided me describing my timeline , and hours per week and annual salary and job responsibilities and my position. Is it enough to proof ? Apart from that i have pay slips to show.

Also for my employer back in india where i worked in my IT field for 2 years i just have the relieving letter . So do i need to get a reference letter from them too ??Or is it enough ?

Iriscidiscent77

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-12-2015
AOR Received.
24-01-2016
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
Passport Req..
19-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Hi All,

Is a reference letter required for any work experience within the last 10 years but is not related to the NOC you are claiming points for?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Iriscidiscent77 said:
Hi All,

Is a reference letter required for any work experience within the last 10 years but is not related to the NOC you are claiming points for?

Thanks
You cannot get the points you claim in your EE profile for work experience without valid reference letters.