21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
Dear Friends,
I need an urgent suggestion from all of you.

I am landing to Canada on 19th of this month but in urgent, I need to travel to New York from April 24 for 3 days .

In this case, what documents should I make to travel the USA without getting PR in Canada?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,
Gaizin

PS: there is no problem in US side, give me suggestion from Canadian immigration prospective.

gaizin

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Tokyo
Category........
Visa Office......
Tokyo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-9-2009
AOR Received.
04-12-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2010
any sugestion. please?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gaizin said:
Dear Friends,

I am landing to Canada on 19th of this month but in urgent, I need to travel to New York from April 24 for 3 days .

In this case, what documents should I make to travel the USA without getting PR in Canada?

Regards,
Gaizin

Hi Gaizin,

You should have the PR Card or travel authorisation to re-enter Canada. With the copy of your COPR if you are crossing the US Canada boarder by road perhaps the CBSA officer at the boarder may allow you to re-enter. In fact it is not a valid travel document for re-entering to Canada. If you plan to return by air you should require PR Card. In that case case, in lieu of PR Card you have to get a travel authorisation- Travel document for Canadian Permanent resident - from Canadaian embassy in USA. Once you are in USA go to the earest Canadian Consular Office to apply for for the travel document using Form IMM 5524E.

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
Going from Canada to US is not a problem, however getting back into Canada is an issue.I think you can travel by road but not by an international carrier such as airlines. Airlines won't allow you to board a plane bound for Canada without a PR card. But you can come back to Canada by a rental car using your COPR/landing records.

Edmontonian

Dec 18, 2010
gaizin said:
Dear Friends,

Regards,
Gaizin

PS: there is no problem in US side, give me suggestion from Canadian immigration prospective.
Do you require a visa to enter Canada?

If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, you are likely to be able to re-enter Canada without difficulty. Bring your COPR and any other documentation with you to show that you are a Permanent Resident.

If you require a visa to enter Canada, you will likely be unable to re-enter the country. Moreoever, the U.S. may not allow you into the U.S. if you cannot show that you are able to return to Canada.