+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit passport for stamping to a different VAC and country?

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
I interpret it as I think you did, which is that if (when) NYVO is your closest visa office, submit there.

The test of course will be if NYVO accepts and issues, but it seems pretty clear it ought to.
Combining NY VFS reply (PPR valid worldwide) with Delhi's (Submit at closest geographical location) , feels like a confirmation. These people never answer to the point!

Reactions: armoured

Nidz88

Jul 7, 2020
Update : Submitted Passport and PPR to NYVO last week. Counterfoil generated today in GCKey. Passport is on the way back. :)
Hey!

Do you have the proper steps on how you submitted the Passport to NYVO? Example doing the two way courier plus the package transmission money order etc? What papers exactly did you submit etc. It would be really helpful.
Thank you.

Reactions: spanjwani

spanjwani

Jul 1, 2018
Hi! Do you have an update on this? I am also considering the same pathway! My TRV was also approved then and now planning to travel to the states. So I am wondering if I can get it stamped there.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi,
I am in the same situation. My PRTD is approved in India but could not get the passport stamped because of Ban.
However, in my PPR email, there is a one line as below.
Once you drop off your passport/passport request letter, the courier will deliver it to the Delhi Visa Application Centre (VAC) .

Hi @urstrulyaddy, did your wife have any specific VAC mention in her PPR email?

Vnthkmr24

Jun 9, 2021
Hi,
My wife and I are PRs, as my daughter was born in India, I applied sponsorship and TRV in March 2021.The TRV got approved on April 13th and We sent the passport for stamping, it was returned on mAy10th without stamping as New Delhi vac closed on April 19th.I came for an emergency visit to India on April 8th with the plan to return on April 24th and luckily received daughter’s PPR while I was here.So cancelled my 24th ticket and rebooked for all three of us on April 30th.Now all three of us are stuck here.

The story being said, can I send my daughters passport to Singapore to get it stamped in the Singapore embassy?!like courier it to my friend in Singapore to submit it through the vfs there? Or should the applicant(my baby daughter) be physically present in the country where the passport is submitted?
I called ircc canada,they asked me to confirm with New Delhi, which is impossible.I’ve emailed Singapore embassy, yet to get response.VFS Singapore asked me to confirm with the embassy before submission.

If the applicant has to be physically present ,the option I am thinking of is to visit belgrade, Serbia for the soul purpose of getting the visa stamped.Anyways people are taking this third country indirect route to canada.Get it stamped and continue the journey to Canada. I am doubtful of the VAC New Delhi opening anytime soon, as they opened back only in November last year.
opinions please.

spanjwani

Jul 1, 2018
Hi! I also looked into this for someone.
Email the embassy of Vienna, vfs Belgrade and get their confirmation. Someone else is also planning the same to get their passports stamped. One important thing to note is that the passport request letter is only valid for 60 days since sent to you for the office of Vienna. Please send them emails to confirm if you can (they had responded positively)

if you can share your email, I can put you in touch with someone else planning similarly.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi! I also looked into this for someone.
Email the embassy of Vienna, vfs Belgrade and get their confirmation. Someone else is also planning the same to get their passports stamped. One important thing to note is that the passport request letter is only valid for 60 days since sent to you for the office of Vienna. Please send them emails to confirm if you can (they had responded positively)

if you can share your email, I can put you in touch with someone else planning similarly.
Important to note that ircc will likely extend validity of the ppr given the circumstances. Those who are concerned should write ircc.

Vnthkmr24

Jun 9, 2021
Yes that would be really helpful, please connect me to them -vinodflusa24@gmail.com

Regarding the letter validity, I received a letter along with the passport saying that the embassy will be accepting the expired letters once business resumes.Hope that will help. I called vfs Belgrade and they gave an obvious reply saying, “I think it’s possible we have seen such applications, but to be 100% sure please confirm with the embassy”.
I emailed Canadian embassy at Belgrade,Serbia, got an instruction on how to submit the application, there was no reply to my question.However as soon as I emailed them got an automated response saying that it’s been handled by embassy at Vienna.

Reactions: tinu28111987

spanjwani

Jul 1, 2018
Yes that would be really helpful, please connect me to them -vinodflusa24@gmail.com

Regarding the letter validity, I received a letter along with the passport saying that the embassy will be accepting the expired letters once business resumes.Hope that will help. I called vfs Belgrade and they gave an obvious reply saying, “I think it’s possible we have seen such applications, but to be 100% sure please confirm with the embassy”.
I emailed Canadian embassy at Belgrade,Serbia, got an instruction on how to submit the application, there was no reply to my question.However as soon as I emailed them got an automated response saying that it’s been handled by embassy at Vienna.
yes! So Vienna embassy handles it. viennimmigration@international.gc.ca

Regarding the letter. It comes with a 30-day validity. The Vienna embassy said as long as it’s within 60 days we will accept. Just when you write to them attach all your documents and state explicitly the date you received your letter to negate any confusions.

I am sharing your email with the other person I know doing this as well.
all the best :)

Vnthkmr24

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you!
If 60 days is the case, ours is about to get expired.Anyways I will reach out to them with the letter from the New Delhi vac. But to clarify again on my stupid question, the applicant has to be residing in the country where the passport is submitted right?We cannot have a representative like a friend or relative submitting it on our behalf.

spanjwani

Jul 1, 2018
Thank you!
If 60 days is the case, ours is about to get expired.Anyways I will reach out to them with the letter from the New Delhi vac. But to clarify again on my stupid question, the applicant has to be residing in the country where the passport is submitted right?We cannot have a representative like a friend or relative submitting it on our behalf.
uhmmm is ll don’t know really. You can ask VFS Belgrade / Singapore about their authorisation letter provess?

Reactions: Vnthkmr24

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you!
You should be in the country where you are submitting, physically. Not through someone else

Reactions: Vnthkmr24

Vnthkmr24

Jun 9, 2021
I got a reply from the New Delhi embassy as follows,

Clients may choose to travel to another VAC in India or another country, although travel is not recommended during a global pandemic and many countries have quarantine restrictions. As well, you may encounter challenges if trying to courier your passport across country borders, so it is recommended that you enrol your biometrics and submit your passport from within the same country. Clients will need to consult the VFS website for the country in which they are intending to enrol their biometrics and/or submit their passport.”

So looks like it can be done!! But like mentioned it’s illegal to courier the Indian passport I guess, it’s even mentioned in the passport that it should not be posted outside the country. I can send it through someone. I’m more confused now :D

Reactions: tinu28111987