+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAN WE OPEN BANK ACCOUNT WHILE ON VISITOR VISA IN CANADA

abby89

Jan 4, 2018
Just to update so that it can help somebody in the future. One can open a bank account with TD bank with their passport.

Shams9618

Jun 13, 2018
Check with national bank if u are in edmonton,d bank is opposite city mall,that was where i opened my acct wen i was in canada for delivery
Hello ..I am on work permit..I am applying for my wife’s visitor visa ..she is pregnant now .I want to deliver a baby in canada in toronto..can u guide me if u have some information.. Thanks

ocheihills

Jun 5, 2019
Hello ..I am on work permit..I am applying for my wife’s visitor visa ..she is pregnant now .I want to deliver a baby in canada in toronto..can u guide me if u have some information.. Thanks
Hi,thats fine..i applied for a visitors visa in october 2018 and i got my visa exactly 3weeks after submission.traveled and had my baby in jan..yours shld be easier since you hv a wrk permit...mk sure u fill all d forms to the best of ur knowledge..let me knw where u need my help.tnx

ocheihills

Jun 5, 2019
Hi,thats fine..i applied for a visitors visa in october 2018 and i got my visa exactly 3weeks after submission.traveled and had my baby in jan..yours shld be easier since you hv a wrk permit...mk sure u fill all d forms to the best of ur knowledge..let me knw where u need my help.tnx
Congratulations!do u need information on hospital,accomodation....?hwfar gone is she?

Shams9618

Jun 13, 2018
Congratulations!do u need information on hospital,accomodation....?hwfar gone is she?
Thanks for the reply..Yes i would like to know
Thanks for the reply..she is still in india now ..I want to know everything as she is on visitor she doesn’t have insurance and i am also on work permit i dont have a professional job yet..I want to call her in fifth month so that she can stay for 6 months after that.

ocheihills

Jun 5, 2019
Thanks for the reply..Yes i would like to know

Thanks for the reply..she is still in india now ..I want to know everything as she is on visitor she doesn’t have insurance and i am also on work permit i dont have a professional job yet..I want to call her in fifth month so that she can stay for 6 months after that.
I wasn't on any insurance as well...i payed frm my pocket bt u can also have a payment plan i.e paying in installment...that is allowed.i think 5th month is too early cos antenal care is quite expensive..u can search for hospital n walk in if u don't hv any doc yet...i had my baby in edmonton

Shams9618

Jun 13, 2018
I wasn't on any insurance as well...i payed frm my pocket bt u can also have a payment plan i.e paying in installment...that is allowed.i think 5th month is too early cos antenal care is quite expensive..u can search for hospital n walk in if u don't hv any doc yet...i had my baby in edmonton
I am planning to get her delivery in Toronto ..whats the total cost you paid ..she will not be in insurance so how can i be prepared she will be alone with me ..They charge per visit and also when she will be landing is the immigration tough towards her i heard they may also send her back .

ocheihills

Jun 5, 2019
I am planning to get her delivery in Toronto ..whats the total cost you paid ..she will not be in insurance so how can i be prepared she will be alone with me ..They charge per visit and also when she will be landing is the immigration tough towards her i heard they may also send her back .
The total cost was abt $10k.yes d immigration@d port of entry are very strict...i was asked to proof if i c pay my bills...i said yes n showed them my account statement(3 mnths)i think your wife shld carry a print out of her account statement or that of her sponsors.