Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
If the duration of course is one year and study permit is granted for one year. Then student unable to finish his course in one year or he might be left with final project. So at that time are there anyways to extend study permit within Canada?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usama9z said:
If the duration of course is one year and study permit is granted for one year. Then student unable to finish his course in one year or he might be left with final project. So at that time are there anyways to extend study permit within Canada?
yes ofcourse ! But only for genuine reasons. No smart work.

Must apply for extended visa at "Case Processing Centre, Vegreville, Alberta" before the expiry of current visa.

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Can we extend both VISA and study permit by providing genuine reason?
I have filled forms according to one year study program and submitted forms to CHC but later my supervisor told me that it's really hard to finish the course in one year and It will take up to one and half year.
So in that case am I able to extend my VISA and permit?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
usama9z said:
Can we extend both VISA and study permit by providing genuine reason?
I have filled forms according to one year study program and submitted forms to CHC but later my supervisor told me that it's really hard to finish the course in one year and It will take up to one and half year.
So in that case am I able to extend my VISA and permit?
It depend on case to case basis. There is "no define rule" on what basis the extension will be given. There is no general rule which gives you right for extension.

keep in mind, these immigration officials are very smart guys and they knows all these tricks, so be carefulll.

usama9z

Star Member
Feb 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-09-02
Thanks man! :)