Med's Done....
February 1,2016
Passport Req..
April 15,2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 27,2016
LANDED..........
April 28,2016
I know with MPNP you must remain in Manitoba for 3 years after PR. You would have to check on the province you are in but I am sure every province requires you to stay for at least a few years. That is why they are nominating you. They want you to settle there so you must stay there for some time. I am sure that they are aware that after 3 years most people are settled and even if they had planed to move after that time they won't want to by the end of the 3 years.

I know of at least on person who came on MPNP and who had wanted to move to BC at the end of the 3 years but in the past year they have bought a house and had a child so I can't see them moving anytime soon.

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
You can move. If you don't have any other option you can move. Its just that for tracking how good the MPNP process is doing for the province they keep a track of each applicant for 3 years. So its not compulsory, but its advisable that you stay at the province that issued you the PR for at least couple of years before you move.

junoesque4

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
vegasIndian said:
You can move. If you don't have any other option you can move. Its just that for tracking how good the MPNP process is doing for the province they keep a track of each applicant for 3 years. So its not compulsory, but its advisable that you stay at the province that issued you the PR for at least couple of years before you move.
Thank you :)

junoesque4

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
Mbgirlfriend said:
I know with MPNP you must remain in Manitoba for 3 years after PR. You would have to check on the province you are in but I am sure every province requires you to stay for at least a few years. That is why they are nominating you. They want you to settle there so you must stay there for some time. I am sure that they are aware that after 3 years most people are settled and even if they had planed to move after that time they won't want to by the end of the 3 years.

I know of at least on person who came on MPNP and who had wanted to move to BC at the end of the 3 years but in the past year they have bought a house and had a child so I can't see them moving anytime soon.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Mbgirlfriend said:

Hi, HOw about if we are nominated by Alberta and got PR, Can we move to Ontario. I filed my PR in Alberta and when i was planning to Land I landed at US Border at Niagara Falls, ON. They even did not asked me that why am i landing here if i applied in Alberta. Can we permanently move to ON.

wasp2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanj said:
Hi, HOw about if we are nominated by Alberta and got PR, Can we move to Ontario. I filed my PR in Alberta and when i was planning to Land I landed at US Border at Niagara Falls, ON. They even did not asked me that why am i landing here if i applied in Alberta. Can we permanently move to ON.
Yes you can!! my aunt went to Canada thru mpnp and her husband after unable to find employment in Manitoba after 2 months moved to Ontario

She has been living in Ontario for last 3 years and also claiming house benefit as well as child benefit. Your PR entitles you to be permanent resident of Canada not just of that province.

However it leave a negative point for your relative (she applied under family stream) and jeopardise future applicant which the sponsor might want to invite.

But again it all comes to your discretion.

Hope you find this useful

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
wasp2014 said:
Yes you can!! my aunt went to Canada thru mpnp and her husband after unable to find employment in Manitoba after 2 months moved to Ontario

She has been living in Ontario for last 3 years and also claiming house benefit as well as child benefit. Your PR entitles you to be permanent resident of Canada not just of that province.

However it leave a negative point for your relative (she applied under family stream) and jeopardise future applicant which the sponsor might want to invite.

But again it all comes to your discretion.

Hope you find this useful
Thanks for the response.
I still have a question for you. I applied under skilled category and got PR. When i landed they just confirmed my mailing address for PR Card. I got my card in 1 month. I have read in some treads that Provincial Immigration does a survey after a year of your PR just to confirm if you are still in the same province or moved. I also read that they can revoke your PR as we signed the form where it clearly asks us to fill the intended province and city of stay. I marked it as Alberta cuz I was getting nominated by alberta. Does it has any kind of relation with my moving ? I am so confused and I talked to a lawyer, She said if there is any kind of condition added to you PR card you cannot move but my PR Card is same like others.