16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
Hi,

I am going to Canada to get my PR, Can I carry cash is form of USD to Canada.
Also does bank statement work as POF?

Please suggest. Have only a few days on me,
Thanks SB

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi SD

I am in same situation like you.I am landing from price bridge on feb 6th and returning back to US in feb 12th.I am using AVR Rule whiling returning as i am in h1b right now.

I also asked same question in forum but no reply so far.I saw few people landed with BANK STATENMENT.

Are you driving with rental car?
when are landing?
Are you coming back us using AVR rule?

please share

thank you
soop

rleuce

Jan 28, 2013
sb said:
Hi,

I am going to Canada to get my PR, Can I carry cash is form of USD to Canada.
Also does bank statement work as POF?

Please suggest. Have only a few days on me,
Thanks SB
You will be fine. Consider however if it is more advantageous for you to change into Canadian dollars at your US bank or at a Canadian bank. Bank statement should also be fine as long as it is recent (i.e. December or January). Certified cheque would be best! Also, if you have more than $10,000 CAD you will have to declare this amount to the BSO.

rleuce

Jan 28, 2013
soop said:
Hi SD

I am in same situation like you.I am landing from price bridge on feb 6th and returning back to US in feb 12th.I am using AVR Rule whiling returning as i am in h1b right now.

I also asked same question in forum but no reply so far.I saw few people landed with BANK STATENMENT.

when are landing?

please share

thank you
soop

You too will also be fine, the only thing I would say is regarding the rental car. Land border BSO really really dislike letting people through with rental cars into Canada.

sb

Apr 19, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo /Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
Med's Request
25-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
rleuce said:
You will be fine. Consider however if it is more advantageous for you to change into Canadian dollars at your US bank or at a Canadian bank. Bank statement should also be fine as long as it is recent (i.e. December or January). Certified cheque would be best! Also, if you have more than $10,000 CAD you will have to declare this amount to the BSO.
Thanks Releuce. I hope all goes well.

sb

Apr 19, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo /Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
Med's Request
25-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
soop said:
Hi SD

when are landing?

please share

thank you
soop
Hi Soop

I am also travelling from NY by road, driving my own car.
Will be using AVR to reenter.

Where are you driving from? Are you also going with bank statements as POF?. I am planning to travel on Feb 17.

SB

soop

Jan 18, 2010
ya i am driving from buffalo using rental car.Yes i am using half as cashier check and renaming as bank statement.

so if they ask in port of entry Are you landing permanently or for short period? what are you going to say.

do they process PR CARD if i say i will return in few days?

thank you
soop

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
Get a certifed check from US Bank with amount equivalent to CAD. Show them as POF, but dont forget to declare it at the border on both the sides that you are carrying check of 10K and above.

If AVR, there is a chance that you will end up in secondary, happened to me, but the question was related to the check i was taking back to USA. Since it was not signed behind, they just verified it and let me go.

Should not be an issue. But make sure to carry the document about AVR.

-KK

soop

Jan 18, 2010
Hi Kannadakanmani

Thank you for suggestion.could you share you rtime line when you landed and get back to us?

what document needed to while landing?did you use your own car or rental? do they process PR CARD if you are returning?

what document needed for AVR?

please share your experience?

thank you soop

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
soop and other fellow forum members who are planning to land:

Take a chill pill! No need to worry about anything - AVR, USD or Bank Statement. Here is my landing experience from last year. Had no issues, was pretty straight forward. It has answers of most, if not all, of your questions.

Let me know if you have any questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-successfully-used-avr-l1-expired-current-status-h1-t116894.0.html#new

Regards,
Chappan

kannadakanmani

Mar 12, 2012
Agree with Chappan. Landing formalities are quick and smooth.

Documentaiton : COPR, B4/B4A, Passports, POF, Bankstatement and just in case any other supporting documents. Keep a canadian address handy with you for mail communications.

AVR : http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/clp/bulletins/auto_reva.ctt/auto_reva.pdf

Landed on March 11, through Peace bridge and returned back the next day through the same using AVR. Went to secondary as i was carrying a check of > customs amount, so they had to check it once. Took me half and hr inside the office and after that good to go. Had family with me, no issues encountered. I used a rental car for travelling and clearly mentioned that it is a rental car i am driving and had my car listed on B4A.

do they process PR CARD if you are returning? - Not sure i understand the question. I returned back to Canada on June mid and used my PR card for entry. I had received my PR cards by then and had them mailed to me from Canada through my friend. I did import car during that time and hence had to spend like 1 hr at canada customs.

I have witten about my landing experience. Will search and update it here.

-KK

sb

Apr 19, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo /Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
Med's Request
25-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
soop said:
ya i am driving from buffalo using rental car.Yes i am using half as cashier check and renaming as bank statement.

so if they ask in port of entry Are you landing permanently or for short period? what are you going to say.

do they process PR CARD if i say i will return in few days?

thank you
soop
Soop, I will be telling them that I will be relocating soon. I think we also need to carry a list of items that we will be moving to canada with.

SB

sb

Apr 19, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo /Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
Med's Request
25-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
chappan said:
soop and other fellow forum members who are planning to land:

Take a chill pill! No need to worry about anything - AVR, USD or Bank Statement. Here is my landing experience from last year. Had no issues, was pretty straight forward. It has answers of most, if not all, of your questions.

Let me know if you have any questions:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-successfully-used-avr-l1-expired-current-status-h1-t116894.0.html#new

Regards,
Chappan
Thanks for the info Chappan! So when did you relocate to Canada?

sb

Apr 19, 2010
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo /Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
AOR Received.
12-08-2010
Med's Request
25-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-01-2013
kannadakanmani said:
Agree with Chappan. Landing formalities are quick and smooth.

Documentaiton : COPR, B4/B4A, Passports, POF, Bankstatement and just in case any other supporting documents. Keep a canadian address handy with you for mail communications.

AVR : http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/travel/inspections_carriers_facilities/clp/bulletins/auto_reva.ctt/auto_reva.pdf

Landed on March 11, through Peace bridge and returned back the next day through the same using AVR. Went to secondary as i was carrying a check of > customs amount, so they had to check it once. Took me half and hr inside the office and after that good to go. Had family with me, no issues encountered. I used a rental car for travelling and clearly mentioned that it is a rental car i am driving and had my car listed on B4A.

do they process PR CARD if you are returning? - Not sure i understand the question. I returned back to Canada on June mid and used my PR card for entry. I had received my PR cards by then and had them mailed to me from Canada through my friend. I did import car during that time and hence had to spend like 1 hr at canada customs.

I have witten about my landing experience. Will search and update it here.

-KK
Thanks KK, Did you download B4/ B4a form or do they ask you to fill it there?