+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we apply for extension of stay?

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Me & my brother are PR and living in Canada.

My mother is in Canada on super-visa; she got visa for 10 years and on port of entry she got stamp for stay permission for 2 years.

Since both brothers are living in Canada and don't have other person in home country (India) with whom my mother can stay in India.
Is it possible to apply for extension of stay in Canada (my mother is already living with us),
or

Since visa is good for 10 years, would she need to go out of Canada (say a small trip to USA on visitor visa) and come/enter back to Canada for permission to stay in Canada for another 2 years at port of entry ? or it is possible to get extension without leaving Canada?

Bit confused as I don't have any info on such issues, so would appreciate any suggestions or link related to such topic.

regards...

CdnandTrini

Champion Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
App. Filed.......
Feb. 7, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept. 10, 2013 and "in process" Sept. 24, 2013
File Transfer...
March 28, 2013 (sponsor approval confirmed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 18, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct. 7, 2013 - Thank you Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 4, 2013 - Thank you Lord
LANDED..........
Dec. 14, 2013 - Praise God. PR Card Feb. 14, 2014
Reply: Can we apply for extension of stay?

Hi there, I am not sure; however, a quick phone call to your MP's office (member of parliament) should be able to answer this question for your family.

canada_dream100

Jul 30, 2010
Re: Reply: Can we apply for extension of stay?

CdnandTrini said:
Hi there, I am not sure; however, a quick phone call to your MP's office (member of parliament) should be able to answer this question for your family.
I believe seniors/ experienced user can guide or share link about application of stay of extension.

Guys, can you pls. comment on this.

thanks.