+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can somebody please help me to match job duties..? Any expert please help

vimmy91

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
India
My noc is 2172 & designation is DBA( Database Administrator).
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2172&ver=11&_ga=2.120699597.419961067.1495524673-635784250.1466525471

My employer has given me a reference letter that contains the following job duties :-

1. Install and configure new SQL Servers.

2. Installation, Administration and Maintenance of SQL Server Instances.

3. To Create Users and assign permissions based on the level of database access the user would need.

4. Taking care of the Database design and implementation.

5. Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.

6. Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.

7. Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.

8. When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.

9. To setup Test, Dev. Staging and Production environments.

10. Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.

11. To support, advise and supervise other DBA staff within the team.

12. To assist in other activities of the IT department as directed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanna make sure whether they are a good match to the Main duties mentioned on the cic website..
(the link is provided above)

Someone from the field of IT can analyse better... !!
Thanks in advance.