+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can representative mess with case after issuance of PR / CoPR?

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Just wanted your view and deliberate, if representative mess with case after issuance of PR / CoPR?

Your replies will be appreciated!

Br,
J

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jeea said:
Hi all,

Just wanted your view and deliberate, if representative mess with case after issuance of PR / CoPR?

Your replies will be appreciated!

Br,
J
They can't.
But paying them off, whatever balances r left as per the contract, is the right thing to do.

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
They can't.
But paying them off, whatever balances r left as per the contract, is the right thing to do.
I couldn't agree any more; but paying them fees in advance and on receipt of PR and CoPR, receiving a bill of stupidly high amount which was never discussed is flabbergasting!

Anyways thanks for your reply, captain!

BR,
J

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Carefully, read your contract with them and see if there was any mention of anything like that. If not, you are safe. But if there is a clause which says to do certain thing, you have to abide by it. They cant mess with PR or copr but you do not want to be in legal hassle.

jeea said:
I couldn't agree any more; but paying them fees in advance and on receipt of PR and CoPR, receiving a bill of stupidly high amount which was never discussed is flabbergasting!

BR,
J

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RockinCanada said:
Carefully, read your contract with them and see if there was any mention of anything like that. If not, you are safe. But if there is a clause which says to do certain thing, you have to abide by it. They cant mess with PR or copr but you do not want to be in legal hassle.
Thanks much for your reply, the retainer says "incidentals will be charged back"

But I am sure working on the case can't be termed as incidentals.

Br,
J

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I am sure it isn't. Ask what is it for when there was no mention of it and they have not paid anything extra on your behalf obviously. May be they want some tip or reward for their service :D.

jeea said:
Thanks much for your reply, the retainer says "incidentals will be charged back"

But I am sure working on the case can't be termed as incidentals.

Br,
J

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
jeea said:

BR,
J
Did you not discuss the payment amount and their terms & conditions in detail before signing the contract? If it were to be paid in parts, how much each installment would be, etc etc? They should have provided you a copy of the contract with the amount involved. You as a customer has the right to know what is that they are charging extra at this point. If it is not as per the contract, you also have a right to register your case in the consumer protection authority (if any) in your country. It is always better to settle the issue amicably for the best interest of both the parties.

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AngryBirds said:
Did you not discuss the payment amount and their terms & conditions in detail before signing the contract? If it were to be paid in parts, how much each installment would be, etc etc? They should have provided you a copy of the contract with the amount involved. You as a customer has the right to know what is that they are charging extra at this point. If it is not as per the contract, you also have a right to register your case in the consumer protection authority (if any) in your country. It is always better to settle the issue amicably for the best interest of both the parties.
Thanks angry birds!

Well they claim that their correspondence with concerned VO kind of expedited the process, which I am not ready to buy. Because during my process whenever I would reach out they would respond that they really don't know and it's at VO's discretion. But now since all is well they want to claim its because of them and so on.

Well in all the interactions I didnot see them doing anything out of the box; they just did what was expected of them to do; and that's the reason I paid a good amount to them right at the start and the retainer also says that the amount is for my application.

Not sure why are they asking for, guess they just trying and make the most of it.

Br,
J

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
jeea said:
Thanks angry birds!

Well they claim that their correspondence with concerned VO kind of expedited the process, which I am not ready to buy. Because during my process whenever I would reach out they would respond that they really don't know and it's at VO's discretion. But now since all is well they want to claim its because of them and so on.

Well in all the interactions I didnot see them doing anything out of the box; they just did what was expected of them to do; and that's the reason I paid a good amount to them right at the start and the retainer also says that the amount is for my application.

Not sure why are they asking for, guess they just trying and make the most of it.

Br,
J
I am ready to pay double of what they ask if they can expedite my application...they are bluffing or trying their luck to get some extra money from you. If it an agent with multiple branches, you may choose to contact their head office and consult their senior managers. Good luck.

jeea

Dec 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AngryBirds said:
I am ready to pay double of what they ask if they can expedite my application...they are bluffing or trying their luck to get some extra money from you. If it an agent with multiple branches, you may choose to contact their head office and consult their senior managers. Good luck.
And even I believe they can't do anything except for presenting our case - thanks anyways! Was just analyzing recursions in case I want to challenge their false claim and sudden bill.
Br,
J

AngryBirds

Feb 20, 2013
jeea said:
And even I believe they can't do anything except for presenting our case - thanks anyways! Was just analyzing recursions in case I want to challenge their false claim and sudden bill.
Br,
J
Which country are you from?