+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can post graduate program not recognized by WES entered in to Express entry profile?

Sri2782

Oct 16, 2018
Can post graduate program not recognized by WES entered in to Express entry profile?

Hi,

My WES evaluation report did not recognize my institute for post graduation. Result as below

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

Should i enter this details in express entry while updating my profile?

Thanks

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

Hi,

My WES evaluation report did not recognize my institute for post graduation. Result as below

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

Should i enter this details in express entry while updating my profile?

Thanks
No. You can't claim points for that. It needs to have Canadia equivalency. You won't get points neither for CRS nor eligibility.
"The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential."

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
No. You can't claim points for that. It needs to have Canadia equivalency. You won't get points neither for CRS nor eligibility.
"The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential."
Hi So, do we need to mention about this in our LOE as it is clearly visible in the report?

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
No need to mention it. Just don't try to claim points for it in your application.
Thanks.. I am not claiming any points for it. However, I am attaching the marksheets and degree certificate for the same in the education section with a disclaimer that "Along with my Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees, I have also got evaluated my Post-Graduate Diploma Programme from International School of Business and Media, Pune through World Education Services (WES). However, as per the WES ECA report, the Canadian equivalency for the same is “Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution” and the credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. Hence, for Post-Graduate Diploma Programme, I am not claiming for any points in my overall CRS score."
What you say?

fuad7us

Apr 17, 2018
What WES evaluate to your post graduate? You can go for ICAS or IQAS or ICES. You might get evaluated by them.