+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can plagiarized letter of invitation from consultant cause refusal ?

Newexpressuser

Oct 16, 2018
I applied for a visitor visa for my fiancé 6 months back myself using the online portal. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything I took application review consultation from a registered IRCC consultant to review my fiancé's visa application. For this, he required me to send all my fiancé s documents to him which included my letter of invitation as well. The consultant reviewed the already sent application and said that all documents are there. He maybe mentioned a few minor things which I ignored. My fiancé got her approval and the consultant really did not have any role to play in this, apart from maybe just taking a second look.

Fast forward to today, my friend consulted the same consultant for his fiancés visitor visa and got a rejection with a generic reason. The consultant then advised my friend that they should re-submit and my friend got a second rejection. My friend then asked the consultant for all documents that the consultant submitted on his behalf. I reviewed these documents with my friend today and we found out that the consultant plagiarized my 'letter of invitation' almost word for word with maybe the addition/deletion of two or three sentences. Is it possible that my friends fiancés visa could have been refused because of this?