+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can parents apply super VISA and visitor VISA at the same time?

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hello dear all,
My parents recently got renewed their new passports, the old VISAs all got expired.
I was wondering, can I help them to apply both super VISA and visitor VISA at the same time? If anyone happens to know please kindly reply. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello dear all,
My parents recently got renewed their new passports, the old VISAs all got expired.
I was wondering, can I help them to apply both super VISA and visitor VISA at the same time? If anyone happens to know please kindly reply. Thanks!
Why would they apply for both at the same time?

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Why would they apply for both at the same time?
Thanks for your reply canuck78.

This idea is about to let parents to have flexibility to stay for either short term (week/weeks on visitor VISA) or long term (months/years on super VISA). I think that super VISA also allows for short term stay, but it always requires insurance. Just thinking, if just staying a week, won't worth to pay an insurance, so might be good to have visitor VISA as well.

So appreciate if there is an answer for if visitor VISA and super VISA can be applied at the same time, or can they someone still to apply visitor if they already have super VISA and enter by visitor VISA.

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Or maybe the answer is yes, they can be simultaneously, but once super VISA is granted, the visitor VISA will automatically canceled?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply canuck78.

This idea is about to let parents to have flexibility to stay for either short term (week/weeks on visitor VISA) or long term (months/years on super VISA). I think that super VISA also allows for short term stay, but it always requires insurance. Just thinking, if just staying a week, won't worth to pay an insurance, so might be good to have visitor VISA as well.

So appreciate if there is an answer for if visitor VISA and super VISA can be applied at the same time, or can they someone still to apply visitor if they already have super VISA and enter by visitor VISA.
You should be taking out insurance no matter what if your parents visit unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars to spare if they get sick while in Canada. We’ve seen stories on this forum where parents fall or need surgery and children will end up paying the hospital bill for decades. For supervisa insurance you will get reimbursed for the time they aren‘t in Canada and don’t have to pay for the full year. Normally you can get a TRV and then people apply for a supervisa when they qualify and do they seem to end up with 2 valid visas but If you apply for both at the same time when you qualify for a supervisa you will likely only be granted the supervisa since Canada would prefer that parents have insurance when visiting Canada. You can try applying for a TRV first and then try to secure a supervisa afterwards.

Reactions: tjkdl

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
You should be taking out insurance no matter what if your parents visit unless you have hundreds of thousands of dollars to spare if they get sick while in Canada. We’ve seen stories on this forum where parents fall or need surgery and children will end up paying the hospital bill for decades. For supervisa insurance you will get reimbursed for the time they aren‘t in Canada and don’t have to pay for the full year. Normally you can get a TRV and then people apply for a supervisa when they qualify and do they seem to end up with 2 valid visas but If you apply for both at the same time when you qualify for a supervisa you will likely only be granted the supervisa since Canada would prefer that parents have insurance when visiting Canada. You can try applying for a TRV first and then try to secure a supervisa afterwards.
Appreciated canuck78, your answer did help a lot!