Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Peterpan12 said:
I think he doesn't have too bad a chance. My wife had been to Canada several times on a Multiple Entry Visitor Visa before we applied for PR. The last time she entered Canada (after sending the PR but before file transfer to her local VO) the IO even asked us if we had applied for PR for her and we told her exactly when we had applied. She had no problem admitting her and didn't ask much else. Of course she still had strong ties to her country of residence and we were holding a wedding there in a few months so obviously those matter regardless the IOs are flexible to people who show a history of compliance with rules.

They sent his pr papers to Ottawa since dec 17 to process.
He lives with his mom n dad there in the states....they gave him a letter proving this. He has job letter and a little funds in his account. He has letter from my doc about the pregnancy. He has letter from immigration that I was approved to sponsor him and filing was sent to Ottawa.

How much of a chance does he have cause I really need him here to have this baby I don't wanna do it alone :-(

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Peterpan12 said:
There is certainly nothing illegal about post dating checks in US. The UCC does allow for post dating, however, it also allows banks to pay checks regardless if the check is dated in the future so long as the check is good otherwise.

It is illegal in certain states to write a check above a certain $ if you do not have funds immediately at the time in your account, regardless of the date of the check but that's not the same thing.
Actually it is illegal, but pretty much an unknown law that's not followed. In my years of experience at the bank, I never heard of anyone getting in trouble for once, even if they cashed the checks early. However, it gave the payee a leg to stand on to have the check returned as invalid.

I worked for a national bank, so we followed Federal rules and regulations.

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
amikety said:
Actually it is illegal, but pretty much an unknown law that's not followed. In my years of experience at the bank, I never heard of anyone getting in trouble for once, even if they cashed the checks early. However, it gave the payee a leg to stand on to have the check returned as invalid.

I worked for a national bank, so we followed Federal rules and regulations.
I don't mean to confront or discredit you, however I'd like to see the UCC statue or code that states post dating is illegal or makes a check bad. AFAIK and done research on this, it's pure myth, one that even highly experienced bankers sometimes swear by. If it was the case, all check cashing places would have to be shut down or found in violation of Federal law.

Tashannon

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2012
Doc's Request.
14-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
He's getting a post dated cheque because he's leaving the states to try and get entry in Canada before his pay day! That's the only reason for that.

Peterpan12

Feb 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2012
AOR Received.
06-2012
File Transfer...
06-2012
Med's Done....
03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully 02-2013
Tashannon said:
They sent his pr papers to Ottawa since dec 17 to process.
He lives with his mom n dad there in the states....they gave him a letter proving this. He has job letter and a little funds in his account. He has letter from my doc about the pregnancy. He has letter from immigration that I was approved to sponsor him and filing was sent to Ottawa.

How much of a chance does he have cause I really need him here to have this baby I don't wanna do it alone :-(
Can you ask him to borrow some money from his parents and show in his bank account? Also, I agree that he should get a letter from his employer for just a few week off vs. 6 months off! This shows he has prospects of employment up on return to states.

Ask him to be super nice to the officer and also make it a point that he really wants to be in Canada to help you through labour and after that he is going back to US to wait for his case to finish processing and that your mom/dad/sister/brother would be caring for you and the newborn in the meanwhile.

I think given the circumstance he should have a good chance to get through the border, specially as you are giving birth. If possible attach your medical exam results along with the doctor's note if possible, it will be more credible. I also agree that you should send him copies of your EI and your bank account to show you have enough $ to support both of you.

Good luck.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
I wouldn't even bother showing the check. All it does is shows he got paid for work already done. That shows nothing about returning to the USA.

As for the check issue, you're entitled to believe what you want. I have better things to do than argue with you.

Money in a bank account can help, so if his parents can help, that's great. Does he happen to have any type of rental/roommate agreement with his parents? (I know, it's not likely since it's his parents, but it never hurts to ask.) They can also make one that will begin when he's due back. Have him write a check for the deposit and his parents cash it. (They can hand him the funds back.) Then he can take the check after it's deposited and stamped or a receipt from them as proof he's put a deposit down on a rental for when he returns. Make sure it's a realistic amount so it's not obvious it's for show......... ;) There's plenty of free templates for receipts - they can make it on the computer and print it.

I still don't think he has much of a chance of getting into Canada. Pregnant wife screams overstay risk. But I really hope he does and I will be praying for you.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
I agree with amikety that the Check, post dated or not, will not help much. Funds in the bank and amount available are more important. A continuous and secure job is another plus. Your husband has stayed in Canada for the most part in last 14 months on a visit visa. That means he cannot be working. Question arising is how did you, your husband, a two year child and another on the way managed financially. IO must have had some doubt about your husband maintaining his visitor status. If you can show income from your job and other means of support for your family that will be helpful.

From the prior denial, it is obvious that IO is not convinced of your husband to maintain his visitor status. Giving it another try is an option but chances are slim.