+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can manitoba provincial nominee work as an contractor for other province company

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Good afternoon all,

I am Mamta Sharma & I landed in Winnipeg, Manitoba on Mar 23, 2014. I am a PR here under provincial nominee program.

In India I was working with a company who has head quarters in US. Now that company is offering me a job. I want to know that if that company hires me as a part time employee & get me an L1 visa to work 10 days/month in US, how it will effect my PR status in Manitoba, Canada.

Or else if company hires me as a contractor & ask me to work in Canada (travel to other provinces) 10 days/month, will there be any problem? In either case I am going to stay in Winnipeg permanently.

Waiting for your valuable comments & suggestions.

Thank you very much
Mamta Sharma

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
I dont know abt days in US. But for days in Canada, you should be good.

Even though its Manitoba PNP, it is Canadian PR. Once you get the PR, it does not matter where you work in Canada. You can also travel to other provinces permanently.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There shouldn't be any problem for your PR as long as you continue living in Canada. You need 2/5 years in Canada to meet the residency obligation and 20/30 days in Canada would give you more than enough days.

As for Manitoba and their PNP, there is currently no law that says you must live in Manitoba forever and ever. You signed a document stating you intend to settle there and you did intend to so you have already fulfilled your part of the bargain.

If you were sponsored by a family member, your leaving Manitoba would cause your sponsor to be barred from sponsoring others but working in the US 10 days a month means you are still residing in Manitoba as you would still be there more than 6 months a year.