+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Work ?

Fuzu

Star Member
Oct 6, 2021
I'm going to be brutally honest here. Your expetations on this forum are unreasonable and borderline rude. You seem to expect people are here to help you 24/7. They are not. People offer advice her for free on their own time and schedule. We are not here to serve you. We are not here on your schedule. You need to adjust your expectations. For the level of support you are looking for, you need to put an immigration lawyer on retainer.

I answer posts when I think I know the answer. I don't answer posts when I'm not sure.

Please stop tagging me repeatedly. Hire a lawyer and pay money for the level of support you are expecting.
sorry

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
**** IMPORTANT ******

I have PGWP ( Post Graduate Work Permit) till May 15, 2024. I applied for a second study permit from inside Canada for course starting in September. Got study permit approval today.

Can I work till May 15 until pgwp work permit expiry date or must I stop working immediately after study permit approval which is today? Does the study permit cancel the pgwp work permit ? IMM5709e ( Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada ) is the form I had to fill out for the new study permit application from within Canada.
Your study permit is approved, right? Why are you asking about IMM5709e when you already have an approved study permit?

Sofi14

Dec 3, 2017
Any ideas on this ? It’s 3:30 am and I have work starting at 8:00 am. Can I work? Very nervous cannot sleep

@dpenabill @scylla @Kaibigan @armoured @Naturgrl

again with this too people are saying different things to me so cannot sleep

**** IMPORTANT ******

I have PGWP ( Post Graduate Work Permit) till May 15, 2024. I applied for a second study permit from inside Canada for course starting in September. Got study permit approval today.

Can I work till May 15 until pgwp work permit expiry date or must I stop working immediately after study permit approval which is today? Does the study permit cancel the pgwp work permit ? IMM5709e ( Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada ) is the form I had to fill out for the new study permit application from within Canada.
Definately u can work untill ur pgwp expires but u must stop after may 15 and wait until 1st day of classes to resume work and also what date you applied study