+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit UK again if I have previous Credit Card debts ?

CA PR SEEKER

Nov 9, 2012
Hi I was In london around 10 years ago and discontinued my education in UK but used couple of Credit cards and unpaid phone bills and 1 laptop on contract did not paid and moved to New Zealand, and finished my studies there, now If I want to Visit UK, is that safe to go there for Visit or better stay away, from this country , may be they can see my report over there at airport ? if they ask me to pay off I can do so, but if they take me custody or something else that spoils the trip and bad remark on me, so suggest me , unpaid credit card debts and contact phone and laptop altogether definitely not cross more than 5000 GBP or may be less , so please friends suggest me thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I was In london around 10 years ago and discontinued my education in UK but used couple of Credit cards and unpaid phone bills and 1 laptop on contract did not paid and moved to New Zealand, and finished my studies there, now If I want to Visit UK, is that safe to go there for Visit or better stay away, from this country , may be they can see my report over there at airport ? if they ask me to pay off I can do so, but if they take me custody or something else that spoils the trip and bad remark on me, so suggest me , unpaid credit card debts and contact phone and laptop altogether definitely not cross more than 5000 GBP or may be less , so please friends suggest me thank you
"If they ask you to pay"? Or you could just do the responsible thing and pay your debts regardless of being "asked".

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I guess you could google how to search for any outstanding court judgements against or any police records. Doubtful after 10 years a credit card company has not already written off the debt but that’s only my view. Also unless there is some arrest warrant out for you doubtful UK immigration at the airport will put you in handcuffs but again that’s only my view.

CA PR SEEKER

Nov 9, 2012
I googled too many times , and even asked few attorneys everyone says, it shouldn't be a problem but not saying nothing will happen

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I googled too many times , and even asked few attorneys everyone says, it shouldn't be a problem but not saying nothing will happen
Well decision is yours to make and as seems you are not convinced that you will not be taken away on arrival in the UK and be locked up in the Tower of London then maybe for your own peace of mind you avoid the UK.