+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I use my IELST test result @appeared on Sep, 2008????

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Hello,

I appeared in IELTS – General test on Sep, 2008 and scored enough points to support my application.

I am planning to apply my immigration application (FSW1) this year before Sep, 2009. My question is that can I use same IELTS test result to support my language proficiency factor in my application?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Yes, I have the same idea. One year IELTS can be use in application.

Just want to re-confirm from you guys...

ammarshahin

Feb 3, 2009
The test score report should be within 1 year of your application , this is what I was told by my consultant
i wrote the IELTS in April 2008 and my application was delivered to Buffalo on March 8th and was told that it is valid
The office asked for it with other documents including police certificates on January 2009 giving me 60 days till march 17th

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Moreover,

Just want to know, CIC will evlauate my IELTS test result (that i appeared on Sep,2008) under new rule and calcuate my english proficinecy as per new IELST score table( from CIC website)??

Thanks,
Abhishek

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/below-67-points-t14344.0.html;msg68955#msg68955

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Thanks Bobbyb, I have already gone through this link and read message from EG7.pdf...I just want to reconfirm from you guys...

I have understanding that, if I use my IELTS score card with below score card (for my application), then CIC will evaluate as per new rule and use new IELTS mark table for my language proficiency level.

Below is my IELTS result.
Listening : 6.5
Reading : 6.5
Writing : 6
Speaking : 6.5

Overall Band : 6.5

Can you guy let me know how much point I have in language proficiency level.

Thanks & Regards,
Abhishek

V

Star Member
Jan 31, 2009
If you took IELTS before November 28, 2008, your score will be evaluated and and you will receive points under the old rules.

V

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is it that difficult to understand this simple English statement?

Note: Visa officers should also assess applications and test reports which pre-date November 28, 2008 against the above correlation table if it is to the applicants advantage, i.e., resulting in more points for language proficiency.

Abhishek12

Feb 23, 2009
Thanks BobbyB,

After reading this line so many times and disucussed with my friends, it is making an impresssion that if Candidate is sort by some marks then Officers SHOULD follow new IELTS score System to evaluate proficieny level.

In my case, if Officers SHOULD use NEW IELST score system to evaluate my IELTS result, then I will become eligible to apply and will have points 68.
Listening : 6.5
Reading : 6.5
Writing : 6
Speaking : 6.5
As per new rule, Total IELST score will be: 4(R)+2(L) + 4(S) +2(W) = 12 points

If officers use OLD IELTS score system to evaluate my IELTS result, then I will have 64 points and will not eligible to apply my application.

This is the reason for me asking this question again and agin to you seniors...

Thansk,
Abhishek

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abishek,

To start with, you will be applying according to the new rules anyway. So, why are u bothered about the old rules.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abishek,

Also Note that:

How long is my International English Language Test (IELTS) valid for?

For the purpose of Immigration evaluation the test is valid for a period of one year only.