+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel back home in this situation?

07collian

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hey guys would love your help with something.

I have just got my Work permit extension to stay in Canada while my PR is decided. I applied inland and was implied status as my current visa expired but now this one has come through that is all good.

I was wondering if I could travel back home to Australia and come back and activate my PR at Pearson? I had my PPR on Wednesday and have sent it to Ottawa the day after so im thinking I should get it in the next few weeks. I was looking to go home for a family thing on September 12th until like 27th.

Any help will be appreciated, cheers!

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys would love your help with something.

I have just got my Work permit extension to stay in Canada while my PR is decided. I applied inland and was implied status as my current visa expired but now this one has come through that is all good.

I was wondering if I could travel back home to Australia and come back and activate my PR at Pearson? I had my PPR on Wednesday and have sent it to Ottawa the day after so im thinking I should get it in the next few weeks. I was looking to go home for a family thing on September 12th until like 27th.

Any help will be appreciated, cheers!
You can go and do the landing by any means (land air or water) doesnt matter

07collian

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
You can go and do the landing by any means (land air or water) doesnt matter
Thanks mate. Just slightly concerned if my BOWP expires as I have a decision on my PR so I won't be able to leave the country if though I haven't activated. I may give them a call Monday.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks mate. Just slightly concerned if my BOWP expires as I have a decision on my PR so I won't be able to leave the country if though I haven't activated. I may give them a call Monday.
You have already sent your passport as you had the PPR for your PR, so that means that you no longer needs the BOWP to enter the country, This time when you enter you will do your official landing.