Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
Hello,

Can I tell CIC that I support my sponsor financially? My sponsor is not doing any job at the moment and I send her money from Pakistan from our family Income. So is it Okay if I tell this to CIC?

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Is she approved as a sponsor?. If so dont mention. If not provide a letter on her behalf that she would be working and able to sponsor you.Agreement is from sponsor towards you not from you to sponsor officially

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
ramkris said:
Is she approved as a sponsor?. If so dont mention. If not provide a letter on her behalf that she would be working and able to sponsor you.Agreement is from sponsor towards you not from you to sponsor officially
We told them while submitting the application and also sent them Western union receipts. They approved the sponsorship 5 days ago. I just want to know if its ok to tell

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It's OK. The reason some might hesitate is that visa officers have be known to be suspicious when an applicant sends money to the sponsor - because it might look like the applicant is paying someone to sponsor them. In your case it probably does not look like that, since you are both from the same culture, and you are the man sending money to his wife.
In any case, if the sponsor had no income, you would have to explain somehow how you two would survive without welfare. Stating the income of the applicant, and his or her financial assets, is the usual way to do this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ramkris said:
There is no need to lie about the sponsor working. There are many situations where the applicant is the one supporting the family, such as when the sponsor is studying, ill/disabled, stay-at-home-parent etc. IRCC doesn't care, as long as they can see that the couple will be able to support themselves without welfare.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
canadianwoman said:
It's OK. The reason some might hesitate is that visa officers have be known to be suspicious when an applicant sends money to the sponsor - because it might look like the applicant is paying someone to sponsor them. In your case it probably does not look like that, since you are both from the same culture, and you are the man sending money to his wife.
In any case, if the sponsor had no income, you would have to explain somehow how you two would survive without welfare. Stating the income of the applicant, and his or her financial assets, is the usual way to do this.
We were living together in Pakistan when my wife went back to canada she was 6 months pregnant and was unable to do a job. Right now our kid is just a few minths old and thats why shes not doing any job.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It will be fine. You having a job and supporting her while she takes care of a baby is completely normal. I would include details of your job, income, and savings when you describe your plans for when you settle in Canada.

naveedali

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 2016
File Transfer...
Oct 2016
canadianwoman said:
It will be fine. You having a job and supporting her while she takes care of a baby is completely normal. I would include details of your job, income, and savings when you describe your plans for when you settle in Canada.
im doing unpaid internship at the moment and told CIC about it.. Im taking money from my dad. My wife is already approved as a sponsor and we added affidavits of my father in law and sister in law with the application that they will support us when I'm in Canada and will give us space to live at my father in law's home.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009