+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i send my file to Bafallo?

apatel79

Dec 2, 2008
Hi,
I have one Quastion?
Right now i am living in USA with student visa . i have 5 year VISA of USA. but i will go back to India on 22 May 2009. and i want to apply from USA.

Can i send my file to BAFFALO at USA even i was in India?
Is there any rules that i have to submit in contry whrere i am currantly living?
Is there any problem with Interview if i was in India?

Thanks,

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Are you going back for good? If you are not going to come back to the US, then you shouldn't apply here in the US, the reason is, later if they call for an interview then you need to come back here for that ~ Also you need to get all police reports from states you lived in more than 6 months and from FBI, you can still do it from India, however it will take time - also you need to notify CIC that you have moved out of US and living in India.

kans2009

Apr 2, 2009
Just try to stay in US a bit more until you hear back from them until everything abt canada imigration is finished. It w be complicated when u go back to indian. Maybe do a phd or post doc :D or find a job :D

apatel79

Dec 2, 2008
I will go India parmenetly But i have 5 year of USA visa. and i can get also visitor visa for interview purpose for Canada also. so thats if i applied from Buffalo its take only 6-12 month for PR. and from india its take 72-75 months for PR as i think. and i can get also Police clearece from USA because i stay in USA 2 year legal as a student . and i have 3 year more visa.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
So why not stay here for 6 to 12 months and then leave. If you can come back then you will pay thousands in airfare. Up to you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing time as seen on the CIC website for skilled worker is for application under old rules. Buffalo was 13-25 months and New Delhi 64 to 75 months. These processing times are only valid for people who applied before February 27, 2008.

The new system aims to process files in 6-12 months in all countries but we don't really have enough experience to see what the times are yet.

You can not apply in Buffalo if you are not in the US anymore. You can apply just before you leave the US but if they call you for an interview, you would have to go there.