+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I search jobs before applying for Express Entry?

mithunio

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I am thinking to search jobs in Canada using JobBank before applying for Express Entry. Once I get my offer, I am planning to create the EE profile. Is it even feasible? I really need the extra 600 points for my CRS score! :(

Please do reply!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can, of course, search jobs at any time.

To obtain 600 points (for EE), the job offer needs to come with an LMIA, or an eligible PNP nomination.

A job offer *alone* does not get you 600 points.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"Technically" it is possible, but realistically, very very difficult unless you are absolutely unique...
Most employers won't give the CV another look if no work permit/PR/passport... especially so if you are outside Canada..

Would suggest looking into any of the PNP options for 600 points... chances are much higher to actually have some success...
What is your CRS score right now?

good luck..

ash5ash

Jan 5, 2015
if you have something that an employer really want they will sponsor you from where ever you are.
I have few examples from back in 2012 where couple of my friends were hired from india for Canadian operations. they had some specific skill in SAP.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
ash5ash said:
if you have something that an employer really want they will sponsor you from where ever you are.
I have few examples from back in 2012 where couple of my friends were hired from india for Canadian operations. they had some specific skill in SAP.
3 years ago it was much easier to an employer to get LMO.

mithunio

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

@EFK - As of now, my current score is around 410. Since 450 score is minimum these days, I'm thinking of all the possible ways to increase my score.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Applied for 4000 jobs and not a single reply. Its wasting time, For those outsie CANADA forget u will get a job. And even if u get no LMIA. Better option is PNP try some privince

cyronn

Aug 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
mithunio said:
Thanks everyone for the quick replies!

@EFK - As of now, my current score is around 410. Since 450 score is minimum these days, I'm thinking of all the possible ways to increase my score.
What is your score breakup? Do you have maximum points for IELTS? If not that would be a better way to increase scores. If you're married, try getting additional points from your spouse's IELTS and educational qualifications, if you don't have them already. Waiting for a job to even apply, is a waste of time frankly unless you have some extremely niche and in-demand skills.