+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can i move province during my citizenship application in processing

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hi I will apply my citizenship soon, now I am in SK.

However I applied some job in BC and getting positive reply from them.

So my question if I apply my citizenship while I m in SK later on If i move to BC:

Do you think my application will be delay if i do that.

Or do you guys think this is not a good idea.

I tried to find CIC website about this matter but didn't get link to know what actually CIC tells about it.

Really need your advise.

Thanks in advanced.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
6242 cook said:

So my question if I apply my citizenship while I m in SK later on If i move to BC:

I tried to find CIC website about this matter but didn't get link to know what actually CIC tells about it.

Really need your advise.

Thanks in advanced.
When you move, the file may be moved too and it may delay the application in terms of transfer etc. Why don't you move to BC and apply from there? At the end, you need to decide what is the best for you.

6242 cook

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
When you move, the file may be moved too and it may delay the application in terms of transfer etc. Why don't you move to BC and apply from there? At the end, you need to decide what is the best for you.
i didn't find any link CIC website
do you know any link where i can see what is CIC does when any one move during in process application

Stabinmo

Apr 12, 2017
6242 cook said:
i didn't find any link CIC website
do you know any link where i can see what is CIC does when any one move during in process application
I have a friend who moved from QC to AB and only changed the address with CIC. His application continued normally and they contacted him from Calgary office and finished the process.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
Stabinmo said:
I have a friend who moved from QC to AB and only changed the address with CIC. His application continued normally and they contacted him from Calgary office and finished the process.

In general it should be normal

Unless you are so bad lucky guy

As soon as you change address CIC should change the office

But if I am cook 6242 I may will email and and send letter to Cic to update my address

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hello Every One

Recently received Immigrant Visa and COPR under Nova Scotia PNP as spouse dependent .

Question : Is it necessary to be live in nominated province (NS) or can move to other province will not create problem when file for citizenship ?

Now got the COPR under conditional NS PNP and not yet landed from Alberta to NS.

Looking forward for some suggestions and replies that would help me before taking any further decision.

ddlyt

Mar 15, 2017
6242 cook said:

Really need your advise.

Thanks in advanced.
No problem you can move. I applied in BC and now I live in QC. I am still waiting for my oath invitation. According to CIC, I need to call them to confirm about my move after I settle down, and then everything will be transferred to QC. So no issues at all.

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
ddlyt said:
No problem you can move. I applied in BC and now I live in QC. I am still waiting for my oath invitation. According to CIC, I need to call them to confirm about my move after I settle down, and then everything will be transferred to QC. So no issues at all.
there is a chance to be delay.

but if you pass the test and waiting for the oath at that time change the address then it would not be delay

that is what i think