+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I leave the current employer after amost 2 years waiting for my PR application (EE-CEC) with Job Offer ? Need help

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Hi guys, my PR application looks like complicated.

I am very concerned and not sure I can change my current employer during the extremely long waiting for my PR application with Job offer under EE-CEC stream. Could you please take look at my thread and see how I can handle this scenario?
The thread is following:
2021-4-17, submitted it and received AOR, with a valid job offer for 50 points. My work permit is closed, Lmia-exampt, specific to The Company, and expires in Dec 2022. I also have another closed work permit (valid till 2022.3) specific to the University where I am visiting research from the Campany.
2021-5-5 Eligibility recommended pass, 2021-6-2, general review, Eligibility pass. 2022-1-25, Eligibility review again at another office, CPC Edmonto, the conclusion is review required due to my job offer (will expire in Dec 2022). 2022-6-2, Eligibility passed (The officer see my work permit (closed to the university) extension up to Dec 2023). 2022-7-20, Eligibity review, finally passed.
2021-5-5 Medical Exam pass.
2021-6-1 Criminality pass.
2021-7-19 current Security started at CBSA and CSIS . 2022-3-4, CSIS conclude my case with NRT and sent it CBSA. But the security is still in progess in CBSA according notes I received in March, 2023. Untill now, all passed except the security is still in progess in CBSA.

2023-3-8 A Writ of Mandamus was filed to the Federal Court to push IRCC to process my application quickly. But no reply yet.

2022-11-11 Applied for bridging open work permit (BOWP), and approved on 2023-3-18.
2022.12.04 Applied for closed work permit extensition, specific the Comapmy before it expired.
2022-12-5 Received an offer from another compamy, I am satisfied with the job and salary, and I am sure that this work will help me a lot in my career.

Since I have BOWP, I can work for this new employer, but I will lose the LMIA and cannot keep my working status during the wainting for my PR applicaion.If I lose the job offer, I can not mee the minimus score in my draw. My question is, do I need keep the Lmia status valid during such a long waiting? If I start to work for the new employer with BOWP, will IRCC reject my application due to LMIA loss?
My application has been processed for 23 months, weirdly long, and my eligibility has also passed for long time. Will IRCC review the eligibility again when security is done?

How to handle this complicated scenario? You are welcome to post your comments and suggestions.
Appreciate it.

__A depressed, hopeless, and devasted guy who have worked in Canada for over 4 years.

runningdavid3

Jul 10, 2023
Hello, it's now July 2023 I'm wondering if you have heard back any good news now. I'm from China and my security screen is also being delayed. Wondering if the Writ of Mandamus worked for you. Did you go with the new job offer and make a new application? Thanks and wish you all the best!

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Hello, it's now July 2023 I'm wondering if you have heard back any good news now. I'm from China and my security screen is also being delayed. Wondering if the Writ of Mandamus worked for you. Did you go with the new job offer and make a new application? Thanks and wish you all the best!
Thanks, I am still working for the same emplyer, desperately waiting for the DM. Appreciate it.